Builds 4Door FJ40 Build (FZJ40) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nagging issues...
Steering - my steering binds up when I try and jump a curb. I need to improve the angle of the steering connection by shortening the GM column.
Seat Belts - On order
Brakes - I have an extremely hard and touchy brake pedal pushing it in 2 inches is like slamming on the brakes. The check valve on the booster seems to ok and I am getting vacuum from the engine just fine. Not sure if my booster is bad or not or what else could be wrong. I am using the FZJ80 stock booster and master but I rotated the booster 180 degrees so that its upside down so it would fit better on the cowl. I am using the Stock fj40 pedal \ assembly.

Making some good progress!!! Such a cool and unique build you have there!

I am looking for someone to make me a cooler carrier basket. The one on 4 plus is a bit too small, it says it holds a yet 45 but I want a Yeti 65 size cooler on it. I want the corners to be round and I do not have a tube bender or know anyone that has one. Anyone know of an online place that does small projects like this or a person in the bay area that does side work? Thanks
4plus will build you whatever you want fyi if u call them.

I am slightly embarrassed to post these because my POR 15 job came out aweful, but hey.

View attachment 2247854

View attachment 2247855

View attachment 2247856
I am a big fan of appliance epoxy in a spray can. It's easy to use very durable and easy to touch up.
I think that wheels sticking out from the body is a big plus. There going to keep the big rocks from that pretty tub.
If you have not dune the adjustable panhards, Slee has a DIY weld on kit that I used. saves a few bucks.
With a 12.50 tire your going to rub the frame a bit in the rear with the stock off set. So FJ wheels are a no go with out spacers.
Really like your build. Great job, thank for sharing.

I felt on that and though you will be interested?
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom