4D2S on D' rocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
as promised i got some more pics. didnt get any burnouts on the skinnys yet:flipoff2: but i will soon. what i have are some pics of the new wheel studs required to fit the wheels spacers to fit the new shoes. i had old AP 3/4" spacers, which had longer studs that had a 3/4" shoulder. my spacers showed up and only had about 1/2" or less spot to hide the stud. that didnt work. so thanks to pirate i found the right ones. after 4 stores and a headache i managed to get all the shiit i needed.
here we go
first pic shows the old studs
next shows the old next to new
shows the spacer relief
OLDSTUD.jpg
DIFF.jpg
SPACER.jpg

alright, enough of the tech except
the new studs are dorman 610-073 napa 641-1110 (1/2"x20 tpi x 2 3/8")
the front 2" spacers came from all pro off road in hemet
the rear 1.5" spacers came from advantage tire in meddy

the white runner is my bud Gabe's. he runs mcgrew with us. 85 SR5 runner with 37" rockers.
here we go.

first pic is some rock kissing
next is insuing damage
last is some rocker tire bulge (crappy pic i know< the rockers WORK though)
DENT.jpg
DENT2.jpg
ROCKER.jpg

these are the last ones.
my digi tire gauge gave up the ghost today so i ended up with about 7psi instead of the intended 4 or so. these tires show some decent flex even brand new. the rocks were slimy and traction was slim. no breakage but i need some more trimmins on dem fenders. the rear bumper needs trimmed a bit too it seems.
6.jpg
5.jpg
SXBULGE.jpg

Wow that looks pretty sweet :)

Are those 25mm tires! Whats the backspacing on those bad boys ;) But damn your truck looks sweets. How did it play on the rocks?

i really wish i had an OG stomper to match this thing now.
my little brother got me this.

attachment.php

I was picturing my old Stompers while scrolling thru the pics even before I got to your quote! Too funny.

jerod, this is a little spot close to my place.
if you want to check it sometime we can, but no net location info.
the area is small, but can easily destroy parts. i like to shakedown out there.

the tires seems to perform alright, the moss and slime are a serious traction detriment.
i got denied on a couple obstacles i normally climb out there. although i got a bit if vid with some smoke off the new tires, maybe when Ty helps me with this new PC i can upload some footage of my denial :flipoff2:

not really much power loss on the street, i used to barely use 4th, now i just cant, at least not without a 10% downhill grade and a tailwind :flipoff2:

Your picture got Johns attention! He got to ride in the Bimart monster truck yesterday. He asked if he could ride in the mini monster truck in the rocks!:lol:

Lookin good!

Hey Aric I got time Tues or Wed late afternoon if that works for you.

its not that awesome, and it is hilarious to think about the poor bastard that gets stuck behind me. :flipoff2:
i have 4.30s now, going to 4.88s shortly. hoping for a screamin' deal in a 3.4L to land on my doorstep.
UPS says the 4.7s will be here tomorrow.
i am not terribly concerned with streetability at this point.

my mini has an RE in it. w56 and stock duals.
on the trail its fine like 97% of the time. the gearing will fix that.

i would be glad to drag race you if you need to feel fast :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom