4Crawler 1" Body Lift Installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I recently moved from 35s to 37s. On my first trip with the 37s, I encounted a couple of issues that needed to be addressed: weak relay rod and lots of tire rubbing. I replaced my relay & tie rods with heavy duty Budbuilt rods, and reduced the size of my wheel sacers from 1.5" to 1" and installed a 1" body lift from 4Crawler to help with the rubbing. I went to a local moto track to flex and test the rubbing and so far it looks good. I won't know for sure until I hit the trails. Here is a before and after shot of the body lift installed.
2011-06-23_17-54-03_697.jpg
body lift.jpg

This lift kit is for all 4 tires ?

That would be a yes brother... It's a body lift :lol:. And at 1" you have to either redrill the radiator mounts 1" lower or cut the bottom of the fan shroud off. And you might have to adjust the T-case and transmission linkage (I didn't). A 2" body lift is much more involved than that what is mentioned above.

Howdy
You guys had any problem to install this lift ?
This lift kit is for all 4 tires ? For 2 inch lift need any upgrade to the brake lines..., etc?
:cheers:

No problems at all with the install. It took about 5 hours by myself and I drilled new holes to adjust the radiator. It affects the linkage a little bit as sometimes I need to hold the shifter up in park to remove the key.

This link in the 80s FAQ was very helpful:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/206908-product-review-4crawler-roger-brown-1-body-lift.html

Hope it works for you! :D

I never have understood the point of a body lift. But that's my deal.:hillbilly:

look out for cool temperatures at corral canyon for a quick run?:grinpimp: great place to test for rubbing issues!

I never have understood the point of a body lift

What is there not to understand?

I want/still want to do a body lift on mine for additional drive train clearances. (enlarging the gap between the transmission and tunnel for future tranny removal, and to allow more room for hot air to vacate the engine compartment.) Also to increase the distance between the catalytic converter and the passenger floorpan. I haven't done one yet due to not knowing how it will affect slider/bumper clearances.

I don't foresee gong to 35" tires or larger but if I was I would do a body lift with a small suspension lift.

I bet it would also make it easier to replace the rear heat lines. Just waiting for mine to blow, and rear heat is nice when its -20 out.

Hope it works for you! :D

I never have understood the point of a body lift. But that's my deal.:hillbilly:

My reasons for a body lift:

1. More clearance! So the 37s don't rub.
2. Cheap!!! around $100.
3. A :banana:project that I can do myself.
4. Allow me some room to re-route my exhaust over the frame.

5. Just another fix for my addiction to mod :flipoff2:!!!

A 1" body lift makes everything easier. And nice looking ride VCCruzr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom