4BT source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.hardwickhousewares.com
Hi, all.

So just down the street from where I work there lives this guy that always has old busses and bread vans crowded around his house. I frequently walk past the place when I need to leave my computer for a few. I've always wondered just what that was all about. Until today, that is.

Today he was outside and I got to talk with him for a few. At the end of the conversation it wasn't really clear what his focus is, but I learned that he sells the bread vans.

Like a lot of bread vans these have well maintained Cummins 4BT engines. Apparently most have about 200K - 250K miles, but don't burn any oil. It sounds like he prefers to sell whole vans, but does part them also. Engines are $2500 and up. Pretty economical compared to the Toyota diesels.

Nice guy anyway. Here's his contact info.

Jack

541-302-4934

Eugene, Oregon, USA

When I spoke with Jack he and another guy were just finishing a 4BT conversion in a Ford Bronco. When he fired it up, it sounded kinda like a bread van. :)

Thanks for posting the info. I am sure many will do this conversion down south.

$2500 for an engine? Ouch. You should be able to buy the whole bread truck for $1000-2000, often with far fewer miles than that...

polarweasel said:
$2500 for an engine? Ouch. You should be able to buy the whole bread truck for $1000-2000, often with far fewer miles than that...
So tell us where.

There's a guy in the 60 section doing a 4BT swap. Do a search over there and he'll turn up... He bought a bread truck from an online auction place for $1100, I think. I checked out the site, and they've got a ton of trucks in quite a few different locations around the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom