Builds Project Snowball ❄️ 85 FJ60 Cummins 4BT/ HX-30 SUPER/ NV4500/ SOA (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my new vacuum pump today and it actually came with the correct check valve.
ECE9241E-71CF-4E74-A6A2-BB7C97C39EE7.jpeg

Got my replacement starter.
The starter has these mounting bolts with 12 point heads. Can I replace these with hex head bolts? Grade 8 or 10 or other. I just don’t want to have to replace the starter down the road and not have the correct socket.

DDE851A9-9E0B-4902-89FA-405204507A44.jpeg

That’s a typical starter bolt. I use a ratcheting wrench but also have the 12point 13mm (I think that’s what it is) also. You could switch the regular bolts but that would probably cost more than the socket.

That’s a typical starter bolt. I use a ratcheting wrench but also have the 12point 13mm (I think that’s what it is) also. You could switch the regular bolts but that would probably cost more than the socket.
What grade are these bolts, 12.9?
I’d rather have a hex head of the same grade so I don’t need a special socket.

Last edited:
We only have lame white tail deer here but there is a big buck in our neighborhood that made it through his second hunting season. When I see him I give him a thumbs up and a “way to go, buddy”.

View attachment 1888727
View attachment 1888729
View attachment 1888731
What a great end of the week seeing our resident herd of elk back at home. Pictures sure don’t do it justice how awesome it is to see them.
One of the greatest experiences I have had in Colorado was driving home late one evening. There’s a spot on the highway that is cautioned for high wildlife traffic. The warning lights were going crazy so I slowed down. That’s when I saw 250-300 elk crossing the road in front of me. I stopped and watched the herd cross. I looked up on top of the ridge and silhouetted against the moon was a MASSIVE buck looking over his folks as they moved across the road. Never seen anything quite like it.

We only have lame white tail deer here but there is a big buck in our neighborhood that made it through his second hunting season. When I see him I give him a thumbs up and a “way to go, buddy”.

Same here. This guy was in my backyard and couldn't believe how big he was (for a buck in the city).

20171010_180722.jpg

In NE Oregon there is an area called the Zumwalt Prairie. It’s a high bench between Chief Joseph Creek Canyon and Hell’s Canyon.
While buck deer hunting over there we saw a herd of elk of over 5,000 head. It was literally a brown mass. The area is mostly conservative land with large remote ranch land patched in like a checkerboard. Stepping onto the prairie you feel as though your the first person to step foot there.
To the south Oregon’s Eagle Cap Mountains tower the southern Horizon. To the east beyond the breaks of Hell’s Canyon stand the Seven Devil Mountains of Idaho. To the north are the Blue Mountains of Washington which sweep west into Oregon. The call of the Coyotes with a breeze of the prairie wind is beyond comprehension. All civilization disappears.
The prairie is home to large concentrations of Elk. Mule Deer, Black Bear, Coyotes, Cougars, and Wolves roam here as well as the cattle herds.
I’m part Nez Pierce Indian just not enough to count for anything. This was their homeland long ago. Standing at the grave of Chief Joseph at the northern end of Wallowa Lake with the Eagle Cap Mountins looming overhead is quite the experience. My brother and I stayed the night at a friend of my dads across the road from his grave. In the fall evening we went over to his grave listening to the waves ripple onto the shore and a full moon rise overhead. You could feel Chief Joseph among us. It was a memory I’ll never forget.

“I will fight no more... forever”
Chief Joseph

about time. I keep seeing them on CL haha :rofl:
Yeah... well I wasn’t in a rush to loose my :moon: on them. I was happy to help another Toyota bro out. Phil was from Western Australia and a really awesome guy. A lot of cool stories from the Outback. He couldn’t stop drooling over my 60...

Most modern ski areas have high speed detachable quads. The chair disconnects from the main cable at the carousel slowing down so it wouldn’t happen. That was in Eurasia in the country of Georgia. The lift operator pressed the reverse button after a power issue. The lift was a high speed non detachable lift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom