470 with unknown / lack of maintenance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at an 04 470 with low miles priced below market value but the service history is unknown. 3 owner vehicle and only driven 2,700 miles in the last 3 years. For less than 120k miles, the engine is covered in quite a bit of oil. I have a 5vz and a non vvti 2uz with over 230k and have some oil seepage but nothing like what I saw. Thinking it sat for a while and the seals dried up and cracked. My biggest concern is seems like the oil pump is spraying oil and the rear seal may need to be replaced.

Wondering if anyone to a chance on a 470 with unknown or lack of maintenance. If so, how did it turn out?

All about price. And how it runs now. For the right price I’d pick it up.

I've got a 2000 we bought with no history, no issues in 6 years, I still need to do the timing belt, currently at 180,000 miles
also have an 05 with no history, have had this for 10 years, no issues, sitting at 160,000 miles

Echo 3 Puppies, bought our 99 nine years ago with 132 on the clock. Only maintenance clue was a Mitsubishi timing belt sticker indicating it had been changed at 125. Paid $9,500 for it and didn’t look back. We keep it at a summer home so it sits through long cold winters and has never failed to answer the bell.

Beauty of these vehicles is that everything is very well built and meant to withstand abuse or lack of maintenance. If you're comfortable DIYing engine seals, go for it. If you cringe at spending a weekend in the garage working under the hood, spend more for a nicer kept example.

Chances are low that you'll end up with a "lemon" 100 series, but that doesn't mean you won't need to tend to it.

Have you checked Lexus service history online?

Mine "no history" in otherwise immaculate condition turned out to need 1/3 of it's price in engine rebuild due too poor oil changes schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom