4600 Bilsteins on Stock 73/Suspension Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone. In the process of figuring out parts for my resto. I'd like to stick 4600s under my 73, as I like the ride on my tundra. I have a stock setups and I won't be raising it at all. I did a search and couldn't find part numbers, and saw that 5100s, while listed on Bilstein's site, don't fit for early years.

Also, when do you know when your springs need to be replaced? Looking for a easier drive as I plan to use this as a daily driver.

Any insight / part numbers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Judge

Running Bilstiens on my ‘71, I highly recommend them but they are not 4600, they are 5100 or 5125 can’t remember but when you order them there is only one choice I believe. Running them on my F250 SD also.

When my last Downey catalog was printed 10+ years ago, Bilstein did not have a listing for a rear shock on a 1964-74 FJ40, but if you went to the 1975-newer rear u-bolt plates with built-in skid plates (ala Marks Off Road) you could run the longer Billies for 1975+.

Running Bilstiens on my ‘71, I highly recommend them but they are not 4600, they are 5100 or 5125 can’t remember but when you order them there is only one choice I believe. Running them on my F250 SD also.
Are you running a stock setup? No lift?

Thanks everyone for the help

Okay, thanks. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom