46&2's 85 4Runner build up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally after what seems like forever, the duals are back together. My original high range shift rail was bent so I had to find a new one, which took some time. My buddy Kyle got my cases all back together and ready to rock, now running 23 spline 4.7 gears :D

Now I just need to resurface my flywheel, install the Marlin HD clutch, reinstall my tranny and slap the duals back in. after that, I need a new fuel tank, tires and I need to fix my rear window, which stopped working for some reason.

After that I am ready for winter at least. Not gonna make it to MCR this year unfortunately.

tcasesbacktogether.jpg

And this is Kyle's Tacoma he just got done building recently. 3.4, 5 speed with an inchworm adapter to a gear drive tcase with Marlin 4.7s. Dana 60/70 on 41 iroks with 20"rims. not usually a fan of big rims but it looks pretty cool actually.

noname-1-2.jpg

noname-7.jpg

After a year on hold while I sorted out my life, school, and finances, I finally got the 4runner back together.

Here is the run down on what got accomplished recently:

New Marlin 1600 HD clutch, new throwout bearing (the CF pilot still looked brand new)
Tranny back in
:turtle: Duals back in, now with 23 spline coupler and rear 4.7 case gears
New (used) gas tank
New tcase mount
Couple good wacks on the starter and a half a quart of 10w30 and the girl fired right up. Love my OG, 10 year old Red Top Optima. *:biggthumpup:

Gotta love AAA *:gap:

aaaforthewin.jpg

Gf's rig loaded up:

starrtruckUSE.jpg

The girls got drunk and rallied the go cart around the yard while we wrenched:

gogirlsgo.jpg

Testing out the new duals:

waderock2.jpg

waderock3.jpg

waderock4.jpg

waderock1.jpg

waderock5.jpg

Wade's truck has made quite a progression over the years. I've watched this truck evolve since we were sophmores in high school, 2001.

wadetruck1.jpg

wadetruck2.jpg

This is the 4runner Wade built as a gift for his dad over the last 3 years. He's definitely the coolest old man I've seen driving around Grass Valley *:cool:

mitchrunner2.jpg

New tires. Looking for used 35x12.50x15 tires, preferably old mtrs, bfg muds, or bfg ats.
Alignment
Oil pan and valve cover gaskets, oil/filter change
Full tune up: plugs, cap and rotor, wires, rad flush, etc
New center pins in the 63s
Build a custom gas tank skid plate
Fix rear window
Wash, wax
Clean interior, remove the probably 200 black widows and cobb webs inside and under my rig. Found a widow today that had an abdomen larger than a nickel... and she was angry.
Paintjob?
Rock Lights
Slider to front/rear bumper tubes
ARB HP front
30 spline longfields and hub gear
Onboard air

This is going to go slow, but thats my plan over the next 6 months or so. The last couple things are wants, not needs, and will come as money permits. The rest will be taken care of soon, hopefully. Felt damn good to drive the old girl again.... miss it so bad. Can't wait to get her to my new place. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom