45LV in Calgery Ab. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I talk with this guy. No rust on Floor but some on the body.

No computor so no emails.

If someone is passing thru might be worth a peek.

66 Toyota Landcruiser Suburban, very rare, rebuilt complete power train, new tires, $9500, Tel: 403-816-5665

That should be close to "lowenbrau''or someone from RMLCA.I wolud love go look.My mission is a ''rust free'' 1970 fj55 .I didn't think thay made those ,but the owner is sure it is.it's not to far from home.

Owner says its green but was orange (my fav color). Supposed to have solid floors and original drivetrain.

Going over this evening to have a look see. Anything in particular to look for?

NB I am not interested in a LV right now... Someday, maybe, but not now so I'm looking for you guys. I let mine get away years ago.

it was something other than orange originaly.....

lowenbrau said:
Owner says its green but was orange (my fav color). Supposed to have solid floors and original drivetrain.

Going over this evening to have a look see. Anything in particular to look for?

NB I am not interested in a LV right now... Someday, maybe, but not now so I'm looking for you guys. I let mine get away years ago.

I went through the collection and guess what? :D
FJ45+ltside.jpg
FJ45+motor.jpg
FJ45+rear+interior.jpg

This one doesn’t look like that kind of orange. Almost seems like Freeborn Red faded to Orange.

Went over and met the guy. He claims to have had it for about ten years. He says it runs good but hasn't been run in about a year. He's missing the exhaust but has a rusty replacement lying in the grass beside it. The back seat has been replaces with a big assed fuel tank that has been plumbed through the floor. The rig is packed full of junk and its hard to see exactly what the condition is but everywhere I looked the floor seemed pretty solid. The rockers are toast and much of the sheet metal is dented but not to badly rusted. None of the door latches seemed to work, all the doors were ajar. The hinges were pretty stiff as well from no use. There is a bunch of restos going on right now of worse rigs. I was also surprised to see as much original stuff as I did. Engine tranny transfer all there. I went there with no interest in the thing but after looking it over I found myself dreaming about putting it away to rebuild someday. For me it would have to be about a third of what he's asking for it. If no one else wants it maybe I'll drive by in my HJ60 in a few months and offer to trade.

The pics are here... http://gallery.prairiedogparts.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=66fj45lv

Oh ya, what’s the deal with Toyopet license lights on these rigs? Were they just a reasonable replacement for a broken one? Its not the first I've seen.
66fj45lv_034.sized.jpg
66fj45lv_037.sized.jpg

The Toyopet was a left over from the Toyopet station wagons. Usually there is a plate over that part. Odd thing on this rig is that there are no screw holes. That is the second one I have ever seen without the holes.

Thank you for the pics ;)

In retrospect, there's a few things that I'm not sure are correct. Shifters on the floor? That sideways aircleaner housing. The fenders (hole in the correct place for later lights) What's up with that extra switch on the driver's floor? Anybody know what that bladder on the firewall in the engine bay is? It says something like "wee leak" on it.

Thanks bruce! TreerootCO so rear latch is stuck opened thats to bad .looks like door panals are held in with screws,not clips.No shot if it has a upper air vent.The not for usa option. Did cruise guy's lv have those.

some of the years had door panels held on with screws.

I dig those 3 door 67-72 suburbans :)

1FE pig said:
Thanks bruce! TreerootCO so rear latch is stuck opened thats to bad .looks like door panals are held in with screws,not clips.No shot if it has a upper air vent.The not for usa option. Did cruise guy's lv have those.

IIRC those bags were for Wind/Wash fluid.

I did not see the holes for the dash 4wd levers & floor trans shift ??

Is that spare tire holder stock ? I see the hanger underneath for one.

I think he know he has something of value and just thru out a # It looks very much like a great resto project with time it should come down to a reasonable price.

Bruce, Nice coverage of pics thanks

John, don't you have a hole in your yard where the Jimmywag once sat ?

1FE pig said:

It DID have a vent at the top of the windshield! Hmm this might actually be a Canadian LV after all. I know of only one other documented bought new in Canada LV.

Fj45LVs share their frames with FJ45LPBs. The tire carrier is correct inside the truck. The bracket is still on the frame but is not used in the 45LV 45V models.

Landpimp said:
some of the years had door panels held on with screws.

I dig those 3 door 67-72 suburbans :)

Its for sale too. He made me snap a couple pics of that too in case anybody is interested. Supposed to be all original and functioning but, as you can see, pretty rusty.

Mike....................they share the frame with a 45 shortbed(LB?) not a longbed(LPB)

treerootCO said:
Fj45LVs share their frames with FJ45LPBs. The tire carrier is correct inside the truck. The bracket is still on the frame but is not used in the 45LV 45V models.

the extra thing on the floor is for the window washers, you pump it with your foot. my parts 67 fj40 had a similar set up but used a hand lever.

apears that this 45 was ordered with the optional floor mount shifters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom