45 Cab Roof Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to find out what I have here . Is this a one piece roof, aftermarket or something different? Diagrams of cab roofs I've seen don't have the mounting rail around three sides like mine. Having just used a heat gun on the, glued, windshield guard to separate it from the rest of the roof has me thinking this isn't the way Toyota manufactured this.
Can someone tell me what I'm working with here?

IMGP2979.JPG

IMGP2980.JPG

IMGP2994.JPG

IMGP3000.JPG

IMGP3015.JPG

Last edited:
is the main roof fiberglass? I don't think stock was anything but steel.
Gozzard made fiberglass reproductions.
the steel roof has raised ribs in it.

What 45 model was this on?

my comments were for removable top models, all years. the non removable tops were steel also but they are a different dimension and I don't think anyone made a reproduction roof panel for them.

Yeah that was what I was fishing for.

is the main roof fiberglass? I don't think stock was anything but steel.
Gozzard made fiberglass reproductions.
the steel roof has raised ribs in it.
This is all steel. The ribs are covered by cardboard and then foam for the lining. The cab it an FJ45 with a long bed, the roof year is anyone's guess.
I'm trying to figure out if I'm working with a poorly restored stock roof, an aftermarket or something someone just made up, to work?
the windshield guard has holes in it that could have been from spot welds or for bolts but I don't see where they would have been attached prior to the glue.

Last edited:
The earliest roofs had front clamps that attached to the top of the windshield frame. The later ones had 2 front tabs that bolted to the front outer face of the top of the windshield frame. All of them had bolts for the back and part of the sides, along with the door headers. I have not seen any cardboard stuffed into the undersides of the metal ribs--just the perforated foam-backed vinyl roof liner glued directly to the metal underside of the roof.

Of course any previous owners could have done a multitude of changes.

One of the problems during cold wet weather is condensation that develops directly underside the metal roof which causes rust and loosening of the glue holding the liner.

How many ribs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom