44's & OME 851 860 (medium 2.5-3") (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

With a compact/light motor like that, probably best to mount/connect it directly to the axle, if you want 4X4, simply mount one to each axle. This will reduce the chances of drive line vibration and friction power loss.

B3BCC877-554C-4911-ACD0-CD0A6E72B6AE.jpeg

I think you should stick to a front wheel drive mid engine model 80 series... this will be more balanced.

I think you'd be better off swapping an LS engine (yes, it's more weight) but for a 1/5 price tag as the Hartley. I would love to see the Hartley swapped, but I think the cost to weight savings isn't near enough. Unless you're wanting something unique and untried and have a very full wallet and nothing better to burn your money on, then please do!
To have 4x4, you'd need to completely reconfigure the transfer case; with the RPMs of the Hartley, you'd need a Marlin crawler case in addition to your Tcase to reduce the gears to a workable spectrum, however, I doubt either the Tcase or Marlin would last long-i don't have experience with a Marlin, so maybe others will chime in and confirm if it is a viable option for you.

i need to know what i need to do to run 44's do i need a center differential? or can i jist mate the rear drive shaft to the transmission. 520 hp heart with turbo. high pinion limited slip differential in the rear. and the cruiser weighs about 2000lbs

Sorry bud, based on what your saying, I'm not sure you know WTF your talking about.

I would suggest explaining better what your trying to do or asking more questions, as so far your making about as much sense as a glitchy Russian social media bot.

Removing centre diff so you'd only have RWD for example and then needing a high pinion diff to take the HP for example.

For example it means you don't understand what the center diffs function is and how it relates to making this truck 4wd.

So some quick questions.
- What transmission are you going to use behind this mythical engine?
- What transfercase are you going to use behind the transmission?
- What kind of off-roading are you going to do? With 44" boggers I am guessing mudding?
- Are you going to be doing much rock crawling on 44's? If so I am not sure stock axles are the best bet.
- Why drop $30-45k on just an engine? Not sure this is the right application for that engine, if you want something light just do a turbo 4cylinder.
- I see a new exit with side exit, is that from the old 1FZ?

k

for example means....🤷‍♀️

Why, o, why couldn’t you do this to something else.

Carry on. :cry:

BTW I think your passenger side might weigh 5 more pounds due to the pillar still attached.

k

for example means....🤷‍♀️

"for example" in context to you not seeming to know what your talking about, so Ill be more specific:

You want to remove the center diff, which is your transfer case which runs a shaft to both the front and rear axle. To eliminate the center diff and run a shaft directly from your transmission is to eliminate a 4WD vehicle for a RWD vehicle. This would be an example of you not knowing what you are talking about as there are only downsides to this modification and no upsides.

The other example was your wanting to use high pinion diff, nothing wrong with that, but the only conventional diff you would use for 44's would be an aftermarket HP ford 9" or HP D60 probably, which cost more, are not as durable or desirable as the 14B or sterling ford axles for the needs of those tires.

I do not mean disrespect, but from my seat it looks like you don't really know what you are into. My recommendation is to read some of the threads over at pirate4x4 with serious builds and over sized tires, and then come back here so we can tell you to swap in one ton axles from a wrecked ford or dodge along with other drivetrain and powertrain, and then move the front and rear axles out from center and link them if you want to do this one time and not be breaking diffs, birfs and shafts steadily.

Last edited:
For example it means you don't understand what the center diffs function is and how it relates to making this truck 4wd.

So some quick questions.
- What transmission are you going to use behind this mythical engine?
- What transfercase are you going to use behind the transmission?
- What kind of off-roading are you going to do? With 44" boggers I am guessing mudding?
- Are you going to be doing much rock crawling on 44's? If so I am not sure stock axles are the best bet.
- Why drop $30-45k on just an engine? Not sure this is the right application for that engine, if you want something light just do a turbo 4cylinder.
- I see a new exit with side exit, is that from the old 1FZ?
Why, o, why couldn’t you do this to something else.

Carry on. :cry:

BTW I think your passenger side might weigh 5 more pounds due to the pillar still attached.
"for example" in context to you not seeming to know what your talking about, so Ill be more specific:

You want to remove the center diff, which is your transfer case which runs a shaft to both the front and rear axle. To eliminate the center diff and run a shaft directly from your transmission is to eliminate a 4WD vehicle for a RWD vehicle. This would be an example of you not knowing what you are talking about as there are only downsides to this modification and no upsides.

The other example was your wanting to use high pinion diff, nothing wrong with that, but the only conventional diff you would use for 44's would be an aftermarket HP ford 9" or HP D60 probably, which cost more, are not as durable or desirable as the 14B or sterling ford axles for the needs of those tires.

I do not mean disrespect, but from my seat it looks like you don't really know what you are into. My recommendation is to read some of the threads over at pirate4x4 with serious builds and over sized tires, and then come back here so we can tell you to swap in one ton axles from a wrecked ford or dodge along with other drivetrain and powertrain, and then move the front and rear axles out from center and link them if you want to do this one time and not be breaking diffs, birfs and shafts steadily.

the truck isnt going to be 4 wheel drive, im removing the front drive shaft and gutting the axle so the weight of the v8 counter balances with the roll cage weight im takung out power steering because that takes weight out of the front im taking out abs as well and the v8 weighs 200lbs wet. so dont srand up for someine being disrespectful by the way i only asked how to fit the 44's and im explaining that weight of the engine will raise the front up about 2 inches so thats the only reason.

why didnt i do tjis to soemthing else? well a tree branch fell on the top, and i parted ecerything else out like interior and seats and with no roof i cant have seats that arent water proof. maybe you shpuld have stood up for me instead of on top of cody here saying i dont nnow WTF im talking about that im cannibalizing a perfectly good rig.

im selling the engine by the way so im not doung anything to this rig. except for giving iy one of the nest hearts you can get. and liggtening it up enough yo never have the drive train break on me. it weighs 2000 lbs so dont poop on my post.

you clearly clearly clearly mean a bunch of diarespect. the only thing im asking here is how do i get 44's to fit and dont bother trying to explain now id prefer you get off my post.

So 2wd on 44's? Just trying to figure out how this truck will be used? What kind of terrain? Are you just going to be putting the 44's on the back? You could save some weight up front just using the 31" tires.

i like the 44x19.5x16.5 boggers im going to do them all the way around. thats very close though hah. it will be used in the sand so your right on!! im considered using the intercos that have almost a ribbed construction but ive heard both that boggers are good in sand up front as well.

Yeah I would think if you don't have anything spin the fronts you wouldn't want all that tread.

i like the 44x19.5x16.5 boggers im going to do them all the way around. thats very close though hah. it will be used in the sand so your right on!! im considered using the intercos that have almost a ribbed construction but ive heard both that boggers are good in sand up front as well.

Yeah I would think if you don't have anything spin the fronts you wouldn't want all that tread.

yeah thats a good other option to do what you said and havr those 31's i have on the. im sort of looking for something that wont sink in the sand as quick so i might even hook my front drive shaft back up but not likely. best thing i could do is use the irok's for the ribbed style. all terrains up front are supposed to work too so thats a porribliity. i hadnt thought of yet that would be sweet

Okay your legit then... I had you for a troll.
In front 44s are going to difficult... would you settle for 40s or 42s?
You can take off front fender but half of the inside wheel well cant be removed unless all the stuff mounted to the inner fenders is all gone which sounds likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom