44/46/45/47 and non USA xJ60/62 spring dimensions - help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Alcan is going to remake my rear springs as they are not sitting right (incorrect height for the weight). What an awesome company that they will take another stab at it for me! I never had the stock springs on my rig when I got it so I had to research stock spring dimensions the first time, but to make sure they have the correct information, I thought I would ask guys with stock setups...

After speaking with Charles at Alcan, he said the has been having difficulty getting correct information for the Non-USA rigs that have different weight distributions and configurations of stock springs. To assist Alcan in making my springs (and future ones for other non-usa cruisers) correctly, I was wondering if you guys with the Non-USA 44/45/46/47/60/and 62 rigs could take some measurements of your stock rear springs for me. The information I need is below. Thanks! just make sure to let me know what truck you measured and where it came from if you know. Canadian rigs Welcome!

1) How many leaves in your rear packs?
2) Distance from center pin of fixed end spring eye to centering pin at the axle along the face (curve) of the spring?
3) Distance from center pin of shackle side spring eye to centering pin at the axle along the face?

This information will really help him design my springs as well as have some ready for you if you decide to lift your rigs. I really appreciate your help!
Kraig

I will do a measurement check tomorrow on my 81 BJ44.

The lengths are all in the shop manuals.

The spring rates are listed in ARB's export catalogue.

~John

I couldn't find the lengths of the actual springs, just from the eye to the center of the wheel on a straight line and not arced.

Do you know where i can get that rate information?

Thanks John!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom