40th Or Collector's Edition? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or, just to add to the confusion even more, there is a 80 Series here in town with a 40th interior, 40th badging, but the color is Desert Dune Pearl (kind of a champagne color).

According to the owner, his cruiser was a rebuild from 2 wrecked cruisers. It is a sharp looking cruiser, with all of the 40th bells and whistles, but even the owner will tell you, his cruiser is not an actual 40th, just a putting together of parts.

Also, my 97 CE has the wheels with the dark painted areas like the 40ths, I have seen other CEs with wheels just like mine, so the above noted wheels don't seem to be exclusive to the 40th Anniversary cruisers.

I have the Sage 40th and I didn't realize that the sticker on the console has a s/n o n it...I'll have to check. Mine has come off; perhaps I can order another one?

taccruiser97 said:
... so the above noted wheels don't seem to be exclusive to the 40th Anniversary cruisers.

Post edited....

-B-

According to CARFAX my Cruiser has not been in any reported accidents. All of the front end looks to be in factory condition. The plastic wood is delaminated a little so I think it's original. It has gold emblems and chrome factory wheels so, I wonder if the previous owner thought the 40th badges were not bling enough to keep them on.

Last edited:
CARFAX is not the gospel. The Sage color is a big clue though. You could not get this color on anything except a 40th in 1997. The other possibility is that someone repainted the vehicle; certainly not unheard of.

-B-

Carfax often misses incidents. I have a Passat that my Brother and Father have been in four accidents (two apiece) in two years, it is a 2005 bought late in 04.

The accidents total over 30k in damage, all paid by insurance, (it is in the shop now getting 11k worth done)

I ran it on carfax because I want to trade it in as soon as it comes back and it shows no incidents.

I stopped believeing in carfax after that report.

Paint code sticker on inside of door.

Thank you for all of your help. I have came to the conclusion that I have a 40th without the badges. You are all full of useful information. :beer:

Beowulf said:
To clarify:
Puke Green was a "standard" LC color (unfortunately.)

Did I miss anything?

-B-

Just this............:flipoff2:

Beo I see your reflection in the fender. Is the other one Ash?
fender.jpg

Nope. Those pics were shamelessly stolen (linked actually) from a current eBay auction. Decent photos of all the things that differentiate a 40th except for the 6-disc CD changer so I stole them.

I don't know if Ali has taken possession but it's now in his sig line. :D

-B-

Are you sure?

Look again. We have a "wide" photographer and a "narrow" observer.....;)

Beowulf said:
...Those pics were shamelessly stolen (linked actually) from a current eBay auction. Decent photos of all the things that differentiate a 40th except for the 6-disc CD changer so I stole them...
-B-
There is a reason the 6-disc CD is missing from the pictures.

Hmmmm. LX only I guess?

-B-

That be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom