40th Or Collector's Edition? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I Have A 1997 Fzj80 With Two Tone Leather, Lockers, Chrome Factory Wheels, Wood Grain Trim, And Auto Climate Control. All Of The Emblems Are Gold. It Has The Same Color Paint As The 40th. There Are No Badges On The Fenders Or The Console. Do I Have A 40th, A Collector's Edition, Or A Regular Fzj80?

The Collectors and 40th have emblems on the floor mats if a badge might have been lost. Looks to be neither just that you truck had these extras. 40 or C means diddley poop so don't worry - be happy.

JUST CURIOUS I LOVE THE RIG.:beer:

If the badges are missing so could the floormats, so i dunno? It's the beige/goldish color or dark green?

Definitely a collector's edition. Go order the badges from C-Dan. :D

-Spike

It Is The Beige / Goldish Color Paint Code 1b2.

Well, it looks to be a 40th or CE, as it has climate control, two tone seats, etc. Maybe someone will know if a CE was offered in the same color as the 40th exterior color, if not, it's a 40th.

Are There Any Specific Vin Numbers To Determine Which Model It Is?

okay...I'm too lazy to search...so I'm just going by memory...

40th Anniv models came with 2-tone leather.
Collector's Editions had solid color (i.e. 1 color) leather.

40th Anniv models came in 2 color choices. These colors were not available to non-40th anniv models.

Some non-40th-anniv models had 40th-anniv. stickers, plaques and floormats added, but did not have 2-toned leather...just to confuse matters even more...

Sounds like a CE with the single color leather. Does it have a darker trim piece running down the side?

The CE is much faster, handles better, uses less wiper fluid, and brings more voodoo punanny than the 40th, IMHO. :flipoff2:

bderks said:
Sounds like a CE with the single color leather. Does it have a darker trim piece running down the side?

The CE is much faster, handles better, uses less wiper fluid, and brings more voodoo punanny than the 40th, IMHO. :flipoff2:
In the first post, it says he has two-tone leather, that makes it a 40th I guess? No two-tone in the CE?

To clarify:

The CE and 40th are 1997 LC only (no Lexus CE or 40th), and these models were only for the US market.
The CE came in all "standard" LC colors; interior & exterior. Seats will be either tan (oak) or gray.
The CE had logos on the floor mats and the original owner got a CE jacket.
The CE has the Climate Control A/C and side mouldings.
The CE has the alloy wheels with the dark silver insets (same as the 40th wheels)
The CE has "Collector's Edition" badges on the front fenders.
The CE had black pearl emblems on the exterior. All of them.

The 40th came in 2 colors; Sage (1B2) or Puke Green (6M1). Sage was a "special" color available only on the 40th models while Green was a "standard" LC color (unfortunately.)
The 40th had logos on the floor mats, a console plaque with s/n, side moulding, and badges on the front fenders. No jacket.
The 40th wheels have a darker grey in the insets.
The 40th has the Climate Control A/C.
The 40th is the only LC with tu-tone leather seats. (Oak & Brown)
The 40th had black pearl emblems on the exterior. All of them.

CE & 40th wheels
1156200130699_DSCN5148.JPG

40th fender badges on Sage fender (1B2)
1153621184396_DSCN5151.JPG

40th tu-tone leather seats
1153578631584_DSCN5135.JPG

Black Pearl badges on both the 40th and the CE
1157282649451_DSCN5120.JPG

40th Console badge w/Serial Number and the ever-popular delaminating plastic wood option (yuch)
1156668669302_DSCN5141.JPG

Chrome wheels were not original; someone (PO or dealer) added those.
Lockers were an option on all LCs and all LXs. No US models, editions, or whatever have standard diff-locks.
Gold emblems were dealer or PO added.

Did I miss anything?

-B-

Last edited:
SOUNDS LIKE I HAVE THE FIRST 1997 FZJ HYBRID!:confused:

co279 said:
SOUNDS LIKE I HAVE THE FIRST 1997 FZJ HYBRID!:confused:

Have you noticed that nobody has replied to your posts using all uppercase characters? Wonder why? Well, that is because it is considered as SHOUTING, and generally considered bad form on electronic forums; unless you intend to SHOUT at us, in which case it is acceptable when used sparingly.

;)

-B-

sorry about that i'm just a rookie. my job requires uppercase. your post makes mine sound like a 40th thanks for the clarification.

co279 said:
sorry about that i'm just a rookie. my job requires uppercase.

No problem. You will find that the use of u/l case, punctuation, and formatting makes your posts and the posts of others much easier to read. Yes, it takes a little longer and you have to think... but the results are worthwhile and saves time for the hundreds of people that will quickly scan this thread for information they may find useful.

A big glob of UPPERCASE or lowercase letters with no formatting, poor spelling, and no punctuation will be ignored by most.

Case in point:
THE CE AND 40TH ARE 1997 LC ONLY (NO LEXUS CE OR 40TH) AND THESE MODELS WERE ONLY FOR THE US MARKET.THE CE CAME IN ALL "STANDARD" LC COLORS INTERIOR & EXTERIOR. SEATS WILL BE EITHER TAN (OAK) OR GRAY. THE CE HAD LOGOS ON THE FLOOR MATS AND THE ORIGINAL OWNER GOT A CE JACKET. THE CE HAS THE CLIMATE CONTROL A/C AND A SIDE MOULDING. I BELIEVE THE WHEELS ARE THE SAME AS OTHER 97S. THE CE HAS "COLLECTOR'S EDITION" BADGES ON THE FRONT FENDERS. THE CE HAD BLACK PEARL EMBLEMS ON THE EXTERIOR. ALL OF THEM. THE 40TH CAME IN 2 COLORS SAGE (1B2) OR PUKE GREEN (6M1). SAGE WAS A "SPECIAL" COLOR AVAILABLE ONLY ON THE 40TH MODELS WHILE PUKE GREEN WAS A "STANDARD" LC COLOR (UNFORTUNATELY.) THE 40TH HAD LOGOS ON THE FLOOR MATS A CONSOLE PLAQUE WITH S/N SIDE MOULDING AND BADGES ON THE FRONT FENDERS. NO JACKET. THE 40TH WHEELS HAVE A DARKER GREY IN THE INSETS. THE 40TH HAS THE CLIMATE CONTROL A/C AND A 6-DISK CD CHANGER. THE 40TH IS THE ONLY LC WITH TU-TONE LEATHER SEATS. (OAK & BROWN) THE 40TH HAD BLACK PEARL EMBLEMS ON THE EXTERIOR. ALL OF THEM. CHROME WHEELS WERE NOT ORIGINAL SOMEONE (PO OR DEALER) ADDED THOSE. LOCKERS WERE AN OPTION ON ALL LCS AND ALL LXS. NO US MODELS EDITIONS OR WHATEVER HAVE STANDARD DIFF-LOCKS. GOLD EMBLEMS WERE DEALER OR PO ADDED.

-B-

Beowulf said:
No problem. You will find that the use of u/l case, punctuation, and formatting makes your posts and the posts of others much easier to read. Yes, it takes a little longer and you have to think... but the results are worthwhile and saves time for the hundreds of people that will quickly scan this thread for information they may find useful.

A big glob of UPPERCASE or lowercase letters with no formatting, poor spelling, and no punctuation will be ignored by most.

Case in point:
THE CE AND 40TH ARE 1997 LC ONLY (NO LEXUS CE OR 40TH) AND THESE MODELS WERE ONLY FOR THE US MARKET.THE CE CAME IN ALL "STANDARD" LC COLORS INTERIOR & EXTERIOR. SEATS WILL BE EITHER TAN (OAK) OR GRAY. THE CE HAD LOGOS ON THE FLOOR MATS AND THE ORIGINAL OWNER GOT A CE JACKET. THE CE HAS THE CLIMATE CONTROL A/C AND A SIDE MOULDING. I BELIEVE THE WHEELS ARE THE SAME AS OTHER 97S. THE CE HAS "COLLECTOR'S EDITION" BADGES ON THE FRONT FENDERS. THE CE HAD BLACK PEARL EMBLEMS ON THE EXTERIOR. ALL OF THEM. THE 40TH CAME IN 2 COLORS SAGE (1B2) OR PUKE GREEN (6M1). SAGE WAS A "SPECIAL" COLOR AVAILABLE ONLY ON THE 40TH MODELS WHILE PUKE GREEN WAS A "STANDARD" LC COLOR (UNFORTUNATELY.) THE 40TH HAD LOGOS ON THE FLOOR MATS A CONSOLE PLAQUE WITH S/N SIDE MOULDING AND BADGES ON THE FRONT FENDERS. NO JACKET. THE 40TH WHEELS HAVE A DARKER GREY IN THE INSETS. THE 40TH HAS THE CLIMATE CONTROL A/C AND A 6-DISK CD CHANGER. THE 40TH IS THE ONLY LC WITH TU-TONE LEATHER SEATS. (OAK & BROWN) THE 40TH HAD BLACK PEARL EMBLEMS ON THE EXTERIOR. ALL OF THEM. CHROME WHEELS WERE NOT ORIGINAL SOMEONE (PO OR DEALER) ADDED THOSE. LOCKERS WERE AN OPTION ON ALL LCS AND ALL LXS. NO US MODELS EDITIONS OR WHATEVER HAVE STANDARD DIFF-LOCKS. GOLD EMBLEMS WERE DEALER OR PO ADDED.

-B-

This should be stickied, inserted into the faq, be the first thing a new member sees after their first login on every board in tehintraweb!!!

:D

It is strange that untill now I have done all of my posts with caps lock on. Some of the posts come out correct and some come out capitalized.

The missing fender emblems are indicitive of a collision repair or a re-finish since replacements are discontinued. The missing console emblem is indicitive of a vehicle that had wood added after-the-fact or had the console wood replaced at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom