40th Anniversary Edition - Fender Badge Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NorCalFJ100

SILVER Star
Threads
So my truck is at the body shop. It's in desperate need of repainting of the hood, roof and hatch from clear coat gone bad. I also have some bad damage to my driver door. The recommendation is to repaint the fender to blend the new door paint....My body shop guy said he could remove and would more than likely be fine, but I told him they are not replaceable and I wanted to do some research on Mud.

What do you all suggest to salvage the 40th Badge? I am not worried about the "Anniversary" sticker so much as this is easy to replicate. I found a guy that makes the "40" part, but I can't find the website. I know it wasn't exact anyway.

Help me so I can get my truck painted right!! Haha.

@Sirrattles I was gonna try something like that...but I didn't want to risk damaging it. It's so thin. Not like a regular badge.

Did you buy the replacement "Anniversary" sticker when you were done?

@LC4LIFE that's the link I was trying to find! Thanks!!

@Sirrattles do you think a heat gun will help?

I wouldn’t use a heat gun for the “40” at all. Too much risk to distort it. The Goo Gone really worked. Just soak it really good and go really slow with the fishing line.

I wouldn’t use a heat gun for the “40” at all. Too much risk to distort it. The Goo Gone really worked. Just soak it really good and go really slow with the fishing line.

Good tip. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom