40th Anniversary Colors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G-Cat

SILVER Star
Threads
So I'm Cruising ebay and find a 40th in antique sage. Seller claims this was the only color available. I shoot off an email correcting him..dark green was available. This is his reply:

"Are you sure the green ones aren't gray market? If
not I guess the Toyota guy was wrong"

Yeah, the "Toyota Guy" is often wrong. :D ;)

Sage and that yucky green though I've seen several other colors with the external 40th decals.

-B-

[glow=black,2,2]In a perfect world , I'd have held out for a Sage 40th with lockers .... :flipoff2: :slap: :rolleyes: :'([/glow]
[color=555555]T[/color][color=2E3136]T[/color][color=555555]Y[/color][color=2E3136]Y[/color][color=555555]L[/color][color=2E3136]L[/color][color=555555]E[/color][color=2E3136]E[/color][color=555555]R[/color][color=2E3136]R[/color]

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=12818;start=msg117914#msg117914 date=1078853368]
that yucky green

-B-
[/quote]

:flipoff2:

Yer damn lucky them holes is already in yer tail gate. 8)

... did I say "yucky"???

I meant that georgous 6M1, emerald green. Reminds me of my lovely wife's beaaaaaaaautiful eyes. There's a good reason the majority of 80 series are painted emerald green and that's because it perfectly accentuates lines of the world's most beautiful truck. All the prototypes were emerald green. Most of the diff lock vehicles are emerald green. What a wonderful and appropriate paint choice for a real man's off-road vehicle.

I love emerald green. :)

-B-
(Really, I do!)

Better ;)

-B-,
I'm trying to decide which color I like better; the Brown of your nose or the Green of the cruiser. :eek:

Bill

You should have seen him twitch when I had the drill in my hands. :whoops:

Mine's emrald green...it's a lousy color...but a great truck

Dan,

Did he know your shoulder was so sore you could hardly pull the "trigger"

Bill

Green still bites and is the second worse color, only behind bird white. That said, the proper color of the 40th's is Sage. Any trucks that are white, champain etc are obviously only 40th wannabees.

I've seen 2 in black as well (checked for the interior decal also)

Hey now - why you gotta rip on white, they've got the "thickest" paint (didn't you read the post ;)). Anyway - pulled up next to a green 40th at a light yesterday, I think it's the first one I've ever liked.

Tucker

alaskacruiser,
Unless they were in bright sunshine you could easily confuse an emerald green truck for black. The very, very reliable sources insist that sage and green were the only 2 factory colors for the 40th edition. The CE came in all colors and it's always possible that someone repainted to black.

-B-

I think they used green to make it look "environmental"... :D
E

NO GENUINE black 40th's, period.

Black collector's, possible.

>> In a perfect world... the proper color of the 40th's is Sage... with lockers...

Ah, yes...

In fact, I've never even seen a green one - pictures, yes - but not in person... though I've heard some rumors about them from certain members on this list :D

R -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom