40's ONLY Run 2019 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
40's ONLY.

Lets figure out a date and a trail.

DATE: Saturday July 20th

Trail: Choke Cherry or Elk Horn Ghost town.

It's been cool to see more 40's around.

If we drift towards Helena/Butte we will likely pick up a few of our friends who live out that way.

Last edited:
I would love to sit shotgun with my camera and my dog would come also, so if there are any spare seats in someone's rig let met know

40's ONLY.

Lets figure out a date and a trail.

I am gunning for a weekend in July or August to have more options (and maybe John can have his back together by then).

Ron, what was that trail with all the water crossings?

It's been cool to see more 40's around.

Let's figure out a good trail that is moderately close to Bozo and fun to run with a short wheel base, but not so extreme that the guys with the pretty 40's don't want to jump in.

If we drift towards Helena/Butte we will likely pick up a few of our friends who live out that way.

Drew, that was the middle fork of the judith. That was about 4 hours plus from here, nothing real challenging for a forty but the rest of the guys might have some trouble lol. I'm planning on doing caruthers(sp), that might be a fun one. it's in the Willie's book.

Okay Ron, I want to run that one this summer but maybe there are some nice trails that are closer?

I got both of the Willie's books and have already misplaced them somehow. They'll turn up as I start gearing up for the season.

There are a bunch of fun trails near by Bozeman in the tabacco roots. Twin lakes is fun or for a harder challenge run up to McKelvey lake. What's better is they are the same trail for 3/4's of the way so if people want harder they could run Mckelvey or the pretty 40s could go to twin

Last edited:
I'd be interested in joining the party, depending on where you're going.

The further west it gets the higher my odds are!

And I'm probably in the pretty 40 club, I'm not wanting to do any body work again!

is it 40's only or any 4x's?

is it 40's only or any 4x's?

You nailed it Paul, any 4x series, 40, 43, 45, 47... BJ or FJ... we’d love to see one of your 45’s.

40 times 2 is 80 so can I come

If you take 40 and times it by 2 you get 80 so does that mean I can come

Sorry Johnny, you can come but you’ll need to buy, rent, steal, or jump into a 40. Otherwise, :ban:

For those of you with more Montana experience than I... are we pretty safe to run any trail by mid July? In Colorado we were pretty free and clear after the 4th generally... even the high passes.

For those of you with more Montana experience than I... are we pretty safe to run any trail by mid July? In Colorado we were pretty free and clear after the 4th generally... even the high passes.
Since we are still getting snow (predicted this week in the mountains) i would assume everything would be fully melted by the mid/end of July. That is if winter will try to stay away and we get into the 70/80s during the day.:rofl:

Some of the trails around Cooke city, like Goose Lake, may be later in July this year maybe the last week unless it really arms up in June.

Ron, what was that trail with all the water crossings?

Middle fork of the Judith River should be a late July or early august the water may be higher this year early.

My suggestion would be the elkhorn skyline mine trail. I KNOW this is the one we always do but the overlook spot where we take the line up shot every year would look amazing with a line of 40s. There are a bunch of old buildings at the mine and the ghost town that would make very nice photographs. Easy trail but still fun enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom