BaT $40k LX470 on BaT (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another crazy BaT auction.

@ikarus you should list yours there. Your photography shots alone will boost the price by 5k lol

I need info on those overhead lift gate lights....

It’s listed in the classifieds here. And hell no you can’t build it for that much. Even with doing all labor yourself, do the basic math how much that build cost. He said around $90k which I have no problem believing.

It’s listed in the classifieds here. And hell no you can’t build it for that much. Even with doing all labor yourself, do the basic math how much that build cost. He said around $90k which I have no problem believing.

Someome is going to get a great deal then...

He said around $90k which I have no problem believing.
Truck + suspension, gears, lockers, bumpers, and misc. overland gear = 90k??

Truck + suspension, gears, lockers, bumpers, and misc. overland gear = 90k??
Wheels, tires, battery management system, all the electronic BS in that car, rigid lighting, plus he maybe bought it a while ago and paid $30k+ just to buy the truck for all you know. I can easily see it.

And don’t forget maintenance items. AHC removal, etc.

Wheels, tires, battery management system, all the electronic BS in that car, rigid lighting, plus he maybe bought it a while ago and paid $30k+ just to buy the truck for all you know. I can easily see it.

And don’t forget maintenance items. AHC removal, etc.

Labor...

Another crazy BaT auction.

@ikarus you should list yours there. Your photography shots alone will boost the price by 5k lol

Dude I really should - what in the world, 38k with two days left?? Wow

It only takes one guy with either a fantasy of owning one or has just a lot money and no idea what this is to purchase this. Either way, the I find the purchaser more interesting than the item being sold.

The BaT Bubble!

I have been following BaT since they started and were just posting links to cool stuff on Craig's List. It's been fascinating to see the evolution. Kinda wish I had thought of it.

I think it would be a PiTA to sell a car there. But, if you do it right and play the game with fancy pictures and stay engaged in the auction, BaT seems to bring a pretty penny. They are listing more and more of road vehicles and, of course, the Land Cruisers seem to be preferred.

I wonder what someone would pay for my LX
Is that the rig with the custom fabricated high output steering system and the hand shaped wheel arches? And maybe the southwest patina?

And yes of course the vintage night view (which probably does need an Atari emulator installed btw, so you can see Space Invaders while you're driving down the road).

ETA: I might be conflating an 80 and 100.

Last edited:
I would pay no less than $40k
Would you though? Not calling you out personally but this just sounds like forum talk. When something actually gets listed all these people go quiet real quick.

I think LX470/LC100 series models are one of the best-kept secrets in OR vehicles.

Just due to the large number of products built between 1998 and 2007, I see it as the sweet spot for ownership here in the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom