406 Cruisers OFFICIAL Club Kickoff Meeting April 13th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Let's GOOOO!

We are kicking off the 2021 off-road season and trying to leave the Covid 19 virus in the rearview mirror at our first official meeting!

Who's invited: You! And any Toyota friends you have. Old members, new members, want to be a member, visitors... you!
When: April 13th (Tuesday) at 7pm
Where: Story Mill Park, Bozeman. (698 Bridger Dr, Bozeman, MT 59715) We rented the main pavilion for the night.

The Board of Directors have been working hard over the past several months to put together an all new plan to move the 406 Cruisers club into new levels of awesome. At this meeting we will cover:
  • What the Club is all about... we will reveal our BIG 3 club objectives.
  • Quick officer updates on club business.
  • What changes we are making to membership process and renewals.
  • Reveal the official 406 Club Calendar of events for the 2021 wheeling season, with dates, locations, trails etc. through September.
  • Reveal the official 406 Club Meeting Schedule and topics we plan to cover through September.
  • Share the minimum equipment needed to attend a club run.
  • Share a quick rundown on how to prep your vehicle for off-road adventures this summer.
  • We hope to keep official club business to 15-20 minutes per meeting and then transition to seminars on relevant topics about the hobby we enjoy for the rest of the time.
  • We are adding a free raffle for freebies/giveaways for each club meeting. We've got some sweet swag for folks who stay to the end of the meeting.
  • 406 Club Merch will be available, hats, t-shirts, stickers and patches.

This month we are hosting Pat from Right Channel Radios. Pat is going to lead a workshop on getting the most out of your trail CB radio/antenna setup. He's a pro and a club sponsor. Bring your rig, radio, and antenna and we can try to help you tune up your radio for maximum performance for the wheeling season. If you have a SWR meter and want to help some folks tune their kit, feel free to bring it along.

Pat is also going to bring some goodies for purchase if you are needing to set your rig up with a CB (required equipment for a 406 trail ride). Bring cash.

As a board, we are excited about a fun summer filled with adventure, new friends, and using our Toyotas!

We hope to see you there.

Bump! This TUESDAY is the day.

It could be chilly, feel free to bring a camp chair too if you need a seat.

Look for the 406 Banner and we'll see you there.

It was 70* last week and will be COLD tonight. Dress for ADVENTURE.

Thanks for organizing the kickoff meeting. It was great to see so many folks excited to get out and do some wheeling this year. Your 3 points of focus for the club make a lot of sense to me. Taking a look at the calendar this morning, I'm excited about the tech portions in some of the upcoming meetings and the club runs. Only suggestion I have for next meeting to have somebody show up early and make sure the heat is on!

in
Thanks for organizing the kickoff meeting. It was great to see so many folks excited to get out and do some wheeling this year. Your 3 points of focus for the club make a lot of sense to me. Taking a look at the calendar this morning, I'm excited about the tech portions in some of the upcoming meetings and the club runs. Only suggestion I have for next meeting to have somebody show up early and make sure the heat is on!
Agreed, thanks for pulling the meeting together last night. Was really enjoyable; great info, got some good camaraderie going, stoke for wheeling season, and for participating in the Club. Great job, particularly considering the weather!

May I ask what the 3 big objectives are?
Close, we have landed on three things to major on...

1. Fun and Adventure (everything should be fun and worth your time to be there, we need an adventurous spirit).
2. Community (everything could be about the Rigs but friends are the glue that hold a club together).
3. Toyota 4x4's (nothing wrong with other makes and models but we are a Toyota club!)

If we went for 4, we would add something concerning trail access/tread lightly/land use. However, safety is in our top 10 for sure.

We'd like to have these three main ideas shape club run, events and meetings going forward...

This is YOUR club, we want and desire input. If you have an idea, throw it out there. The club will only be as strong as it's members are active in shaping it. It'll be great to check out all the rigs as the weather warms and encourages sticking around. Thanks for coming out even in the cold weather.

Sounds like it was a great meet up with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement! Super excited for a great season, meeting new people in the community and club workshops.

Sorry we missed this first meet up, however, lots of prep still to do prior to departure.

Wow, the cold really did impact my memory!

Wow, the cold really did impact my memory!

YEH,......................................................................... it was the cold!

You don't think that exhaust leak and all the holes in my floor had anything to do with it...right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom