40 Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, anyone have advice on where to get relatively inexpensive leaf springs (2.5" or 4") for a 40 that work good? I have some 2.5" lift Ranchos (more like 4" though) that are horribly stiff and need to switch them out on a budget. I've been steadily swichting out each Rancho leaf with mini truck ones to hopefully soften the ride. Any tips or leads will be helpful.

Thanks!

I keep hearing good things about the CCOT HFS lifts.
I also have the POS rancho on my 40 and am on the fence between SOA or HFS.

iv got OME front and Skyjacker rear, rides great

mine on the front, dont have a pic of the back

LCwheel.jpg

any one where or who has thses, i want a pair?

hs_06.jpg

FJ40onNOS said:

[any one where or who has thses, i want a pair?

Hyperflex @ JT Outfitters. Also check out Revolvers by Teraflex. Not sure if they make those for cruisers.

jcj_78FJ40 said:
FJ40onNOS said:

[any one where or who has thses, i want a pair?

Hyperflex @ JT Outfitters. Also check out Revolvers by Teraflex. Not sure if they make those for cruisers.

Revolvers just dont seems to be as strong, but ill look into them, mine flexs nice but i want MORE, haha!

I have Revolvers on my 40 and they are plenty strong. The ones I have came off my brothers Heep.

ok ill check them out? whats the price on them?

No you do not want a pair. Properly designed suspension should have no use for revolvers. They are purely "ramp champ crap" Open up going down hills, open up going up ledges giving you crazy wheel hop. Garbage

eelson said:
Hello, anyone have advice on where to get relatively inexpensive leaf springs (2.5" or 4") for a 40 that work good? I have some 2.5" lift Ranchos (more like 4" though) that are horribly stiff and need to switch them out on a budget. I've been steadily swichting out each Rancho leaf with mini truck ones to hopefully soften the ride. Any tips or leads will be helpful.

Thanks!

why not work with what you've got already?

if your 2.5 inch rancho lift gives you 4 inches, and is too stiff, take out 2 leafs from each spring pack, should bring it back to about 2.5 inches, and i bet your ride is softer.

that'll cost you nothing. except a day to play with it (well maybe $2 each for spring bolts if you've trimmed yours down.)

get some teflon strips or teflon paint and paint them while the packs are apart. friction is not your friend for smooth suspension.

Rubber or poly shackle rubbers? are they greasable shackles and spring pins? do they have grease.

before you throw a couple of 100 at the problem, spend a little time (your on a budget, your time is free) on a combination of solutions and see what works

are your shackles extended shackles? what's your shackle angle like?

As to the revolvers "unloading", this has NEVER happened to me in the 4 to 5 years they have been on my rig. I'm not saying that it can't happen, I'm just saying that I haven't had it happen. In my case I got a least 4" more down travel with them and by opening up the spring clamps I got about 2" more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom