40 series misc metal fabrication (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Kevin,

Are you taking orders for miscellaneous stuff?
Some floor parts and a rear valance for an early bed?

All the best,
Andrew.

Not for bed parts. i don't have any pieces and won't be making some more anytime soon. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Kevin

Awww c'mon man! I was busy ignoring your email and you go and post here! Now I gotta reply... everyone is watching:eek:

in need of a complete rear sill for a 01/78 without any spare tire holes/captive nuts. whats the lead time on it? how much? thanks!

pm sent

I need a complete sill for qa fj40 68 with all holes and nuts, to be send to Mexico!!
Glad I see this tread!!!
best regards

I'll send you a PM

Hello, hopefully you have stock.

I have an April 1980 bj40, located in the Kootenays, that is in need of two spring perch plates and both, left and right rear 45's. thanks, C. DeRosa

A while ago a friend needed to replace the rear end of a 79-84 40 frame so I made up these components. While I was at it I made the spare set shown here - currently for sale.

Edit: added prices so I don't keep forgeting

Frame Gussets - $125.00/set
Frame rear member = $245.00
Shackle plates – $90.00/set
Frame ends – $90.00/set

These parts are shown before any detail welding is done hence the tape holding in a piece.

There is one minor error on the assembly and that is the mounting holes for the bumperettes are a little oversized. The sample I was given to copy had been drilled out by some PO - nothing a flat washer can't fix

These parts are available separately of course but you could replace everything aft of the rear axle hump in the frame. Well, everything but the spring perch which I don't make.

View attachment 466187

View attachment 466185

View attachment 466186
Do you offer frame metal from the rear axle hump aft?

I have made them in the past. I could make some for you but I won't be able to get to that until probably June. There are other vendors that offer them and I've seen them on ebay.

I have made them in the past. I could make some for you but I won't be able to get to that until probably June. There are other vendors that offer them and I've seen them on ebay.
I can contact you in June if you'd like? :) I have a list of items I will need by then. ;)

Yeah, if your schedule allows you to wait until June. I'll have to check the thread for prices, its been a while.

...via IH8MUD app

Ah, we're in the thread! The new mobile app takes some getting used to.

...via IH8MUD app

My last post had a list of stuff I was working on. Most of it is done now. I have all model year sills in stock... they can ship within 24hrs of an order (I leave the welding until an order comes in). I am welding up a few sills (did six today) to fill existing orders.

I have 3B brackets in stock. Vacuum tanks ready to ship. 45 tailgates will start sometime in January. Also working on snorkels and 8274 winch covers this week too.

Here are a coupla pics of an order I made for a local guy...79-84 rear floor, rear sill, left and right wells and complete cross members for under the floor. I have two more complete sets of these ready to weld (about 10 hours per set). A lot of work in these but I think they came out nice.

And my brother's blue '71 made it to my place.

View attachment 831056

View attachment 831058

View attachment 831057

View attachment 831060

View attachment 831059

do you still have any of these parts?

Hey, how can I order the 3B motor brackets. You have any website or phone no. maybe.
thanks
francis

I have started this thread to showcase a few things I have made for myself and others during the rebuild and modification of my 45.

Hopefully most of you have seen my reproduction LPB bed thread (link in my sig) and my winch rebuild and subsequent aluminum solenoid cover thread in this section. These products are representative of the type of things I can make. The proceeds of anything I sell go directly into my ongoing BJ45 resto-mod.

To start this thread off I have just finished a small run of 40 series 3B motor brackets. These are the brackets that rivet (or bolt or weld) to the frame rails and will locate your 3B conversion with the correct offset and height when welded or bolted in the correct spot ;). I made a set for myself a while ago and below you will see them in use. They are 3/16" thick and identical to the original in all respects.

These are offered at $90.00 a set plus shipping

View attachment 407338
In the center is a factory set I used to build from. The "top plate" is not welded on yet in this pic.
View attachment 407339
Left side
View attachment 407344
Hey, Im new to this forum...Let me know how to purchase your 3B motor brackets. More power
FRANCIS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom