1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

40 series License plate light

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Safado, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Safado

Safado

Hey all!

I don't spend much time here since I sold my 60 and bought my 80, but I've come back.

I have a Kaymar Swing away and need to relocate my license plate to the jerry can holder. There is no light there yet and someone in my club mentioned that using a 40 series light/harness would work and look pretty cool. So I've never really paid attention to them, but heard they changed at some point in production. Do any of you have pics of your lights? When did they change? Anyone got a spare? Thanks for the replies.

2. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

I saw one on www.cruiserparts.net a while ago. My 77 was missing its holder. I ended up buying a used one from Rockymountain Cruisers for $45.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Ya know, I bet that would work very well, pic of mine(82) but it the same from at least 75+.
    [​IMG]

look for a used one, new are over $100 I think.

4. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Gosh that is a sweet green 40... ;)

5. Landpimp

Landpimp

Chris Wade has its twin for sale, $22k!! but it has no OEM PS or any other goodies that mine has or had all the mechanicals gone thru(except the motor and trany/t-case)..........I REALLY hope he gets close to his price ;) mine is not a repaint(but his looks like it was rot free before the paint) and SO damn solid its not funny, not one hole cut or drilled in it, even with the stuff I have added.

this link will work better
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/BB5A28DF1E1FF3C
    for sale green

1982 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. $22,500.00.
    “Showroom Condition” ** BODY CONDITION ** This Land Cruiser lived its life in Alexander City, Alabama before I purchased MORE INFO... Fayetteville, GA 770-719-2153 Wadesters@Peoplepc.com 03/22/2004

its posted on Rockmountain Cruiser, the link isn't working.

I know it sounds stupid but I would turn down 25k for mine, 30k might get me thinking. Not saying its worth that but to me it is. I just today took it back over to the widow I bought it from and took her for a drive in it..........she was SO happy :) I could have looked for a 81+ for ever and never have found a nicer one.....and it was just minutes from my house..........just sitting her driveway waiting for me for 5 years :) Funny the last person who drove it(when she moved from Seattle to Gig Harbor, according to the 3 day trip permit in the window) had the same last name as Woody......Swearingen........hows that for wierd!?

I LOVE my green 82 :D
    [​IMG]

John

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg127722#msg127722 date=1080354585]
    Gosh that is a sweet green 40... ;)
    [/quote]

6. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    John,

That is not stupid. I have a 65 45 LWB pickup that I would not sell for 15K, and it does not even run right now..It is just that solid and complete...

What is the month/year? frame #?

Just wondering, as I will have a tan 12/82 at the shop in a couple weeks to prep before he drives it to CM04, from MN... very stock, solid, clean Land Cruiser...

Good luck!

-Steve

7. Landpimp

Landpimp

the green 40 was made in 10/82, mustard is 2/82, I have noticed some changes bewteen the 2 of them, just little things.

get that 45 up and running ;)

John

[quote author=Poser link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg127742#msg127742 date=1080357625]
    John,

That is not stupid. I have a 65 45 LWB pickup that I would not sell for 15K, and it does not even run right now..It is just that solid and complete...

What is the month/year? frame #?

Just wondering, as I will have a tan 12/82 at the shop in a couple weeks to prep before he drives it to CM04, from MN... very stock, solid, clean Land Cruiser...

Good luck!

-Steve
    [/quote]

8. kling-on

kling-on Kool Arrow

Media:
    Albums:
    [quote author=Safado link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg127656#msg127656 date=1080343990]
    Hey all!

I don't spend much time here since I sold my 60 and bought my 80, but I've come back.

I have a Kaymar Swing away and need to relocate my license plate to the jerry can holder. There is no light there yet and someone in my club mentioned that using a 40 series light/harness would work and look pretty cool. So I've never really paid attention to them, but heard they changed at some point in production. Do any of you have pics of your lights? When did they change? Anyone got a spare? Thanks for the replies.
    [/quote]

I'm going to use the light mount from a 92-95 4Runner it says Toyota I'll look for pics

9. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

John (Pimp),
    Just curious, you live in a damp environment, but you keep your cruisers in great shape. Do you have a large barn you keep them in? That would then be your stable, right?(lol)

Sorry for the thread hijack

Ken

10. Landpimp

Landpimp

all my cruisers(cept for the fj62) have been outside all(PO's or me) their lifes in WA........guess the WA rain is good for them ;) The green 82 sat for 5 years outside without being drivin or even the doors opened. WA state does not salt the roads so that helps. I live on the salt water but that doesn't seem to effect cars at all......

I had plans drawn for a 3600sg ft shop(1000 of which was an apartmemt/office above) but the county shut me down(bastards told me no problem when I 1st went in) So I am gonna build a 30x30ish shop with a REALLY big car port off it, then run a carport off the front of my existing garage(which is too low to put any of my Cruisers in) Whatever I build I will do without permits but to code, worse case is I pay the fines. I have found its easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for aproval with the county.

Safado, I'll take a pic of a plate mount I have in the shed today.

[quote author=Romer link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg127864#msg127864 date=1080402008]
    John (Pimp),
    Just curious, you live in a damp environment, but you keep your cruisers in great shape. Do you have a large barn you keep them in? That would then be your stable, right?(lol)

Sorry for the thread hijack

Ken
    [/quote]

11. Safado

Safado

Thanks to all so far...

John, maybe you know. Didn't the 40s used to have just one light over the plate in the beginning? Anyone have a pic of one of those?

12. nuclearlemon

nuclearlemon not an addict Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    until 75, they were a single light. here's one of mine...not a great pic, but you get an idea. ccot has the lights for sale.

13. Safado

Safado

Thanks Nuc.

John you get that picture yet?

14. paulj

paulj

Landpimp, I'd make sure before you build anything without a permit that
    it's only a fine. Where I live they can make you tear down anything built without a permit.

15. Landpimp

Landpimp

D'oh..........no :( I snap one in the morning.

[quote author=Safado link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg128554#msg128554 date=1080537989]
    Thanks Nuc.

John you get that picture yet?
    [/quote]

16. Landpimp

Landpimp

Yes they could make you tear something down......but it just doesn't happen unless its something that should be torn down. Its done all the time up here, quite often on waterfront homes......yeah its a crap shoot but trust me dealing with the idoits at the County is more of a crap shoot. Remember what I do for a living....... :D

99% of the time you pay the fines and permits and your done.

[quote author=paulj link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg129834#msg129834 date=1080691723]
    Landpimp, I'd make sure before you build anything without a permit that
    it's only a fine. Where I live they can make you tear down anything built without a permit.
    [/quote]

17. Safado

Safado

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=1;threadid=13769;start=msg129910#msg129910 date=1080697812]
    D'oh..........no :( I snap one in the morning.
    [/quote]

AHEM... :rolleyes:...don't forget who tipped you off on that 55. How was it by the way?