40 series hood latches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plink01

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys when I bought my bj42 the hood latches were rusted to s*** and missing the rubber bits. I bought some cheap chinese ones and in 3 months they dont look much better than the ones I took off. There are Genuine Toyota Ebay for about $100 Aus ($66 US).

My question is are the genuine ones really that much better? From what I've been reading the genuine are also pretty prone to rust. I know they will be much better than the cheap s*** I bought. I have found stainless ones for sale from the US but it's pretty pricey buying/shipping them to Aus.

I do my best these days to buy genuine but $100 for hood latches is getting a bit crazy!

20200305_192638.jpg

I have had decent service from the aftermarket hooks I used. Even had to repaint them once before the rubber wore off. But they do wear out faster than many parts. But not as fast as windshield wipers. It’s a matter of perspective.

The fact that you’re wearing yours out means that at least you are using your rig for its intended purpose.:)

Stainless latches on mine look as good as new 10 years later

Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna go the stainless ones. Just importing them from the US is gonna cost me a fortune with our AUS dollar turning going to s*** with the Corona virus. I might have to put it on hold for a bit.

Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna go the stainless ones. Just importing them from the US is gonna cost me a fortune with our AUS dollar turning going to s*** with the Corona virus. I might have to put it on hold for a bit.

Is that your other rig in your ID?

Yeah that's the 80 series. Thats my more daily driver. It's going to stay as my long distance/snow camper. The 40 is gonna be my weekender/East Gippsland explorer. I had a few 70 series as well but I have finally got rid of em.

I liked the idea of Cruiser Corps stainless ones but the bend/curve for the hood was not as good as the OEM units that fit perfectly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom