40 Series 1HDT Conversion Parts Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suzuguru

SILVER Star
Threads
As some of you know, I'm slowly working on my '72 40. (Old Blue) My plan is to convert the power plant to a 1HDT, backed by an H55f/Split Case. I'm trying to figure out a few of the necessary parts I'm going to need. Specifically, the flywheel, clutch disc, and pressure plate. From talking to a few people on here, it sounds like I need a 275mm flywheel from a 1HZ, a 1HDT pressure plate, and an Isuzu clutch disc. (As I understand it, the splines on input shaft of the H55f will not fit the splines on the typical 1HDT 300mm flywheel. Thus, the need to use the 275mm flywheel from the 1HZ.) (Obviously, a clutch disc from a 1HZ will not work, or I would have heard already.)

For anyone in the know, does this sound correct? Any info, or part numbers would be especially helpful. I'm specifically interested in a part number for the Isuzu clutch disc. Of course, a model and year of an Isuzu that uses this particular clutch disc would work, as well.

anyone?

Thanks. I didn't even know that was available. I'll do that.

Will do. Thanks!

Easy-easy. We stock the clutch kit, 1HD to H55F bellhousing, clutch fork, flywheeel, etc. All stuff we keep on the shelf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom