'40 running hot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 71 40 is running hot, are the thermostats availible at NAPA or Advance Auto? Anyone have a part # for it and the gaskets? I'm guessing it's the t-stat, gage is on H and the rad isn't hot. Sound about right?

Your local Napa, Advance will most likely have both those parts in stock, but i believe you can get those parts for almost the same price at your local toyota dealership, i take a likiing to running OEM parts in my cruiser just from past experiences with secondary automotive parts.

I agree with using OEM parts. Keeps the original look, style, reliability and functionality and the price isn't going to be that much different.

Call C-Dan at American Toyota (banner at the top of the first page, ext #8). Tell him you're a mudder and you'll get great pricing AND great service. Not sure you can say that about Napa or AA.

Plus he has tons of cruiser knowledge and will certainly be able to talk about your rig in a more intelligent way than any of the ass clowns at Napa or AA.

:cheers:

I agree with calling Dan. Not only great prices but you can get some valuable info out of the fella. He can practically diagnose you problem and have a fix for you over the phone.

Update; Checked the oil today and it was down about a qt. Added some ana topped of the coolant, then drove it back here to school. Ran cool all the way. Would being a qt. low on oil make that much difference? The reason I didn't check the oil before, the pressure gauge was reading high now it is in the middle. ? I still may take out the t-stat this weekend.

More like 15 tonight when I dove back to work. Now that it has stormed and gotten dark, it's probably down in the upper 60's. Nice cool ride home later.

Don't run her hot, that just plain mean. I would not think that a quart of oil low would cause a hot condition. My thermostat sticking or low coolant. Perhaps fan clutch, but i'm an 80 guy, don't know much about the 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom