40 Help: Now the 2nd Life's Story (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm glad to see it go to a good home.

Nice! Are you getting the green one?

Cousin finally came up this past weekend to take the 40 home. He orginally wanted me to get the soft suspension taken care of before he took it back.

Took him out to Flagpole this weekend to wheel it a bit, get a feel for, and learn how to drive it. Gotta say it was amazing to finally be able to ride in and drive this after seeing on the few trail events I've been to and not being able to ride in it to feel what it's like.

He is now hooked and has an understanding why everything is done the way it was, and torn about stiffening the rear since it was so comfortable bouncing around thru the trail.

IMG-20200517-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200517-WA0003.jpg

20200516_183501.jpg

VideoCapture_20200517-231330.jpg

Is that creek part of the trail? I hate to sound like the trail police but if it is not then you might not want to post that pic. That is one of the reasons so many trails get closed, people wheeling off the trail. Greenies will love that .

Rob

@matzell it is part of the trail. Coming the way we came it's pretty much the start of it. I totally get it, I'm the same way. Don't like to veer off and do stupid stuff because I don't want trails closed.

@1MOA @shmukster thinking of just going to stiffer coils in the rear. Should still stay plenty flexible for the trails, but not feel as tippy which should help his confidence. He also wants to be able to drive it around town occasionally and right now it's too soft for that. We went for a quick drive when he got up here, I got her up to 45-50 and he was getting scared and I don't blame him.

Made a short video as well

Cousin finally came up this past weekend to take the 40 home. He orginally wanted me to get the soft suspension taken care of before he took it back.

Took him out to Flagpole this weekend to wheel it a bit, get a feel for, and learn how to drive it. Gotta say it was amazing to finally be able to ride in and drive this after seeing on the few trail events I've been to and not being able to ride in it to feel what it's like.

He is now hooked and has an understanding why everything is done the way it was, and torn about stiffening the rear since it was so comfortable bouncing around thru the trail.

View attachment 2310101

View attachment 2310102

View attachment 2310104

View attachment 2310105

That truck looks odd with four tires on the ground.

is there a way that you could put a sway bar on the back?

something like this: Universal Antirock® Sway Bar Kits - RockJock 4x4

and then have it be detachable?
Like this:

is there a way that you could put a sway bar on the back?

something like this: Universal Antirock® Sway Bar Kits - RockJock 4x4

and then have it be detachable?

That's a good idea. I had been thinking about a sway bar or something along those lines.
Figured trying heavier rated coils is the cheapest and easiest change to start with. Also would be able to swap back to soft before an event if he wanted.

Take it from someone that rode in lots of tall, heavy vehicles. Sway bar. Forget messing with the coils. Adjusting their rate wouldn't be where I would start.

DSC01322.JPG

Take it from someone that rode in lots of tall, heavy vehicles. Sway bar. Forget messing with the coils. Adjusting their rate wouldn't be where I would start.

View attachment 2312267

Time to learn about custom sway bars and what all the different lengths mean to get a proper understanding of what will be needed. Granted this will most likely be the proper solution.

Way to bum a guy out haha! I was thinking I was on a decent path with a potential ~$300 improvement to the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom