40 Expert Needed...Please Take a Gander... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ewillis

SILVER Star
Threads
I know 80 series well but looking to get into a 40. I have an idea, but do not know for certain how to determine what is original and what is not. Truck I'm looking at is from the late 60s...said to be original including paint. Can you have a look at the inside of this rear door and tell me if it looks sprayed or "touched up"? Also it has the original 1F or 1.5F engine. Are they able to be rebuilt currently or is it more reasonable to swith to 2F? This would be a drive 6hr and trailer it home type adventure so trying to get intel before I commit.

TIA :beer:

40 rear.png

doesn't look like there is any sign of weatherstrip around the doors
some hardware is painted and other hardware isn't, not sure if that is normal on a late 60's rig
the hatch stays should be chrome, look like there is overspray on them
I would think if it was original, there would be some scratches in the half doors or on the wheelwells after 50+ years

doesn't look like there is any sign of weatherstrip around the doors
some hardware is painted and other hardware isn't, not sure if that is normal on a late 60's rig
the hatch stays should be chrome, look like there is overspray on them
I would think if it was original, there would be some scratches in the half doors or on the wheelwells after 50+ years
Thanks. Yeah there are other pics from the outside where the bolts aren't painted and looks original to me. This is the only image available inside the rear door and I can't discern what clues I'm looking for. Guy selling is pretty old and I don't want to bug him about additional pics. I'll likely drive out and buy the truck.

Thanks. Yeah there are other pics from the outside where the bolts aren't painted and looks original to me. This is the only image available inside the rear door and I can't discern what clues I'm looking for. Guy selling is pretty old and I don't want to bug him about additional pics. I'll likely drive out and buy the truck.

i was wondering what Certification requirements needed to be met , before you needed sent Via PM prior to responding to your combination thread title ?

thanks

i was wondering what Certification requirements needed to be met , before you needed sent Via PM prior to responding to your combination thread title ?

thanks
Certified speaker in the English language helps...IDK what you're talking about.

I gree looks to clean for a vehicle that over fifty years old to not have any paint work done. Can not see any black weatherstripping between the sides/door header and the cap. It also looks like the cap about the weatherstripping is beige not off white to match the outside. That section of the cap should not match the body color.

Correct engine would be a F145. The reverse in the back left corner started 9/67. The two holes for the missing side reflector ended 9/69. After that would have had a larger rectangle hole for a side clearance light. So it should be either a 68 or 69 model.

If you see overspray, major clue. Window weather-strip is probably original because it is splitting and probably hard as a rock.

thanks
Did Matt's account get hacked or did he have a Freaky Friday moment with Yoda?

Did you buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom