4 Years of Ownership (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couvi

SILVER Star
Threads
Today marks exactly four years of ownership with my 2004 land cruiser. It’s been the best vehicle I’ve ever owned and most certainly has lived up to its legendary status in my mind. Before finding it at a local Toyota dealer back in 2015, I searched and researched the 100 series platform for around two years. The one I ultimately bought was a one-owner model with exactly 100k. It turned into our family travel vehicle and daily driver for me (40mi/day commute). Besides the standard consumables & services (gas/brakes/gas/tires/gas/oil/gas/timing belt) the only issue I've had to deal with was a stripped CV axle and drive flange – CClip popped off while driving. It’s been a great truck (never left me stranded) and people can’t believe it’s almost 16 years old. I’m hoping to pass it along to my daughter in 4 years and then to my son, and then to my other son (but I may not be ready to part with it!). Also, I’ve really enjoyed reading this forum, I’ve learned a lot over the years. Cheers.

94280FBA-E977-4607-A2BC-49228E79DF3C.jpg

LandCruiserHeroMo.jpg

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_5851.JPG

Awesome! Very clean 100 👌🏽

It gets me excited to start modding 06LX just like your LC mine is bone stock right now. Seeing clean an all original un-modded rig like this is inspiring to leave it stock.

Nice story, Hotty Toddy.

Clean LC! Nice to see someone local.

It gets me excited to start modding 06LX just like your LC mine is bone stock right now. Seeing clean an all original un-modded rig like this is inspiring to leave it stock.
Mine is totally stock with slightly larger tires (275/65 18s). I may take the running boards off soon, but otherwise really love the stock look.

Your kids will wreck it. Best to keep it for yourself :cool:

We entered 100 series ownership with in days of each other 4yrs ago. Nice truck

Wow, similar story here. I hit my four yrs on Halloween with my '02, and have just one more kid than you. My oldest is 15 and she is learning on the Land Cruiser, but we haven't graduated yet beyond our subdivision street. Congrats on you 4 yrs.

Wow, similar story here. I hit my four yrs on Halloween with my '02, and have just one more kid than you. My oldest is 15 and she is learning on the Land Cruiser, but we haven't graduated yet beyond our subdivision street. Congrats on you 4 yrs.
Whoa, five! (I'm one of five myself) For the first three years, we all traveled in it with a roof-top cargo box. A little cramped but we managed. Last year I bought my wife an 05 Sequoia and it's been our main long distance travel truck since – it's been a great vehicle as well.

My boys don't mind sitting in the back. We park and they just let themselves out of the back hatch and close it on their own. I usually only run with one rear seat folded up, which gives room for cargo and a path for whichever son of mine is back there to move in and out. It's rare we are all in the truck together, but can do it. When we camp, we pull a 4'x8' utility trailer that holds most of our stuff (the bikes take up the most room). However, if we really need room we'll take the wife's Odyssey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom