4 wheel disk brakes

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 73lndcrsr, Jan 24, 2004.

1. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

I am looking into the 93 FJ80 or 88 Supra master Cylinder. If I use one of these do I still need an external proportioning valve? Anyone here running one today on their 40?

I have searched and found conflicting info.

Thanks for your help.

2. toddslater

toddslater

I am not familiar with either of those MC's. I am guessing anything short of full out ABS set up, would require you to put a prop valve in their to keep the rears from locking up prematurely. Summit has an inexpensive one.

3. Bama_B

Bama_B

I think the idea of using a 4 wheel disc master is that you dont need the proportionoing valve because its built in. Cant say from experience since I added one externally. 2nd the Summit.

4. lone gunman

lone gunman

i have 76 FJ40 with 4 whell disc brakes and no proportioning valve, i used the 4-wheel master that JT Outfitters sells, and it works great stops straight even on wet and snow covered roads. its been about a year with this setup and no problems.

5. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

Thanks for the replies, I will give the Supra MC a try and post my findings.

6. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

I am not having any luck locating a MC with reservoir. At least not at a decent price. It looks like the ones from my LC will fit. Anyone tried this?

7. tlcgear

tlcgear

[quote author=73lndcrsr link=board=1;threadid=10578;start=msg95400#msg95400 date=1075085891]
    I am not having any luck locating a MC with reservoir. At least not at a decent price. It looks like the ones from my LC will fit. Anyone tried this?
    [/quote]

I have the same truck and I used a 76 MC and used the reservoir form the 73 MC. The only difference is that I used a proportioning valve.

- Rico.

8. 73lndcrsr

73lndcrsr

What about on the Supra MC?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.