4 wheel disk brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking into the 93 FJ80 or 88 Supra master Cylinder. If I use one of these do I still need an external proportioning valve? Anyone here running one today on their 40?

I have searched and found conflicting info.

Thanks for your help.

I am not familiar with either of those MC's. I am guessing anything short of full out ABS set up, would require you to put a prop valve in their to keep the rears from locking up prematurely. Summit has an inexpensive one.

I think the idea of using a 4 wheel disc master is that you dont need the proportionoing valve because its built in. Cant say from experience since I added one externally. 2nd the Summit.

i have 76 FJ40 with 4 whell disc brakes and no proportioning valve, i used the 4-wheel master that JT Outfitters sells, and it works great stops straight even on wet and snow covered roads. its been about a year with this setup and no problems.

Thanks for the replies, I will give the Supra MC a try and post my findings.

I am not having any luck locating a MC with reservoir. At least not at a decent price. It looks like the ones from my LC will fit. Anyone tried this?

[quote author=73lndcrsr link=board=1;threadid=10578;start=msg95400#msg95400 date=1075085891]
I am not having any luck locating a MC with reservoir. At least not at a decent price. It looks like the ones from my LC will fit. Anyone tried this?
[/quote]

I have the same truck and I used a 76 MC and used the reservoir form the 73 MC. The only difference is that I used a proportioning valve.

- Rico.

What about on the Supra MC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom