4 wheel auto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
they suck and screwed me

i am not a big fan of Dan's either BUT a statement like that is a waste of cyber space.
HOW did they screw you?
Used parts or new?
misrepresentation or crap parts?

i am not a big fan of Dan's either BUT a statement like that is a waste of cyber space.
HOW did they screw you?
Used parts or new?
misrepresentation or crap parts?

At least he didn't call them a do-do head.

new parts that were crap and took 6 week to get then cost me an engine

If the parts were crap then why did you install them?:meh:

new parts that were crap and took 6 week to get then cost me an engine
So, tell us the whole story. I have used them and some of their prices are high. If that happens then I keep searching. If parts are in stock then they are here on the Greyhound in a day or two. What did you get for parts and how did it trash your motor?

So, tell us the whole story. I have used them and some of their prices are high. If that happens then I keep searching. If parts are in stock then they are here on the Greyhound in a day or two. What did you get for parts and how did it trash your motor?
The only complaint I have is at least 5 times I got the wrong parts or they forgot to include ALL of the parts but did not forget to charge me for them...then I had to chase them endlessly to get things corrected...really annoying when your 4000km away. I am still out a total of about $150 or more (i stopped counting) for charity to them over the years as I simply lost the will to chase them.

But I give them credit for being knowledgeable and quick as they have access to the mining co's and can get new parts for old landcruisers. They gather up things in a timely fashion.

Years ago I dealt with Dan at 4 Wheel Auto. Well, sometimes i dealt with Dan, other times it was another employee, and that employee seemed to change every couple of months. I stopped buying from them. 9 orders in 10 seemed screwed up for one reason or another, and they were slow to respond to phone call or email, slow to refund money, slow to order parts. I seem to remember returning about half the stuff I ordered. Anyway, I haven't had even the slightest urge to give them any more business.

Dan is a DB. Shipped the wrong part, then gave me attitude like it was my fault, then refused to pay return shipping. I can't believe he's still in business. He's definitely an arrogant entitled dick.

I've never had any issues dealing with Dan at 4wheelauto. I've ordered about 6 times from them and only once there was an error. Easy to get a hold of him and he sent me the right part asap. They are a little pricey sometimes, but he's been the only one who's been able to help me out with certain parts.

OP has been sparse in the description of his issue. making a claim that the used parts (i assume they are used parts) killed his engine is quite a claim.
further info would be appreciated. what parts were supplied? how did you know they were crap? how did they kill your engine?
like i said, i am not a fan of Dan's and i have over a decade of multiple experiences to base my dislike on before i stopped using his services back in '09. i have found better suppliers who i trust to supply me with quality parts, decent pricing and properly described used parts.

OP has been sparse in the description of his issue. making a claim that the used parts (i assume they are used parts) killed his engine is quite a claim.
further info would be appreciated. what parts were supplied? how did you know they were crap? how did they kill your engine?
like i said, i am not a fan of Dan's and i have over a decade of multiple experiences to base my dislike on before i stopped using his services back in '09. i have found better suppliers who i trust to supply me with quality parts, decent pricing and properly described used parts.

The Internet has made it amazingly easy to destroy an individuals or companies reputation without providing a speck of evidence.

When it comes to diesel parts Dan has not done me wrong as of yet everything arrives prompt to my door.
I will buy from Toyota first unless the pricing is outside of my budget at the time of needing the part I have found his prices reasonable and he is helpful over the phone.
He has saved me from ordering the wrong parts by asking me for more specifics when putting in an order.

When it comes to diesel parts Dan has not done me wrong as of yet everything arrives prompt to my door.
I will buy from Toyota first unless the pricing is outside of my budget at the time of needing the part I have found his prices reasonable and he is helpful over the phone.
He has saved me from ordering the wrong parts by asking me for more specifics when putting in an order.
I'll second what Diesler said, I got a alternator from Dan, and he wouldnt even entertain the idea of shipping me out the part until I
send him a picture of the mylar sticker on my alternator with the numbers. They always have what you need too, and can and will explain
anything about your truck. There tops in my book.

I've been dealing with Dan for over 10 years. He's fine.
I had to be in Edmonton for a conference and he picked me up at the airport AND paid for dinner.
We then went to his place and went for a drive in his Megacruiser (1 of 3).
I use other outfits for parts but I don't hesitate to use Dan.
He's an ace for sure.

my advice...ONLY deal with dan at 4wheel auto.have purchased from them over the past 15-20 years and service has always been great...although a couple of my orders were incorrect.turn over of staff(or their lack of knowledge)seems to be a problem. took 4 calls to get axle seals for my boys fj45(ff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom