4" spring lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dont have the skill yet to do a spring over axle. What are some good 4" lifts out there that have been tested buy everyone? I do alot of trail riding and mild rock crawling. I have a rancho 2.5" lift with a shackle reversal and zero flex. I need some help please.

So far, the HFS 4" have held up well and performed well on my '76 FJ40.

Check out either www.cruiseroutfitters.com or www.proffittscruisers.com. Both are very reasonably priced for taking care of the cut and turn. They could probably do the rear perches for you as well if you needed that done. Proffitt's price is $450 (less than you'll spend on another set of lift springs). There's not going to be much difference between 2.5" and 4" lift springs IMO.

you can do a search and youll find many many comments,

i had skyjacker and was very pleased iwth the springs...shocks sucked though.

I have a skyjacker 4" and have to agree on the shocks, replaced them with Bilsteins.

Also have the skyjacker 4".

As pleased with it as one can be for an SUA lift. I'm ok with the shocks, but I don't drive my truck much but to wheel it.

Best bet is to catch 4wheelparts.com on a free shipping weekend.

Hi All:

Just got back from a weekend 'wheeling trip - two of the four FJ40s on the run were using the "HFS" four inch lift from Cool Cruisers. Both trucks performed very well.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

I have the 4" HFS springs with barbell shackles and have been pleased with the setup.

i think this is the most i've heard of hfs in one thread! it's nice to see that they're performing as well as ccot said they would. for those with the 4" hfs lift, what size tires are you running?

Ranchos had a reputation fot no flex. BDS , Skyjacker, MAF rear springs are all of the same manufacturer , McCoy in Canada ( not Cnina, malaysia ). I've used many from MAF
with good luck. The rear of a 40 will resist articulation more than the front due to the wider placement of the spring perches ( less leverage at the wheel ). One thing that does work is to swap a FJ60 rear into the 40. That pushes each wheel out about 1 3/8.
It doesn't sound like much it does help. It also improves rollover stability. You'll need to redo the perches.

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
Hi All:

Just got back from a weekend 'wheeling trip - two of the four FJ40s on the run were using the "HFS" four inch lift from Cool Cruisers. Both trucks performed very well.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Hey Josie,

Which cruisers were running the 4"?

drive shaft length

with a 4" spring lift or soa can the stock drive shafts be utilized or are longer ones needed?

bull said:
Hey Josie,

Which cruisers were running the 4"?

Rodney -- Kevin and John also have the HFS springs.

I have 33 x 12.5 x 15 on my '76 with the HFS 4". The HFS springs are a little longer than stock and I did have my drive shafts lengthened. Some say that you don't need to extend the shafts, but mine were just shy of exposing the splines, so I had them done. I'd rather solve a possible problem in advance, than fix damage on the trail. So far, these springs have done well by me.

Todd Bull.

I've probably had HFS longer than anyone given that I beta tested them and wrote a TT article about them. I absolutley love them! They ride great on road and flex nicely. I've got 32x10.50 tsl radials which measure out as big as most 33's. Only thing I did was add extended brake lines, primarly because my old ones were cracked. Didn't extend the drive shafts or anything.

thanks

thanks people, i have plenty of info to make an educated purchase. :)

4" lift

Alcans!!!!!! :bounce:

4" springs

why 4" springs over soa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom