4-Speed tranny rebuild mistakes? (1 Viewer)

Hello gang,
Well, I've the wiring all fixed and she starts. Vacuum leak somewhere causing it to not idle. I figure that out later but it looks like I may have made an error on my first tranny rebuild. It seemed all good until I installed it but when in neutral it will drive the rear drive line. I can put it in reverse and move but when I stop the wheel lock up as if it were in a diff gear. I can also put it into 1st gear and she'll roll forward fine. I'm thinking I may have made an error when putting the top together.
Sounds like a tough one but would like to hear this groups thoughts before I tear it apart again.
Thanks,
Steve

Hello gang,
Well, I've the wiring all fixed and she starts. Vacuum leak somewhere causing it to not idle. I figure that out later but it looks like I may have made an error on my first tranny rebuild. It seemed all good until I installed it but when in neutral it will drive the rear drive line. I can put it in reverse and move but when I stop the wheel lock up as if it were in a diff gear. I can also put it into 1st gear and she'll roll forward fine. I'm thinking I may have made an error when putting the top together.
Sounds like a tough one but would like to hear this groups thoughts before I tear it apart again.
Thanks,
Steve
Interested to know what happened. All I can think is that maybe the shift fork/selectors was weren’t aligned when the top plate was put back on.

Interested to know what happened. All I can think is that maybe the shift fork/selectors was weren’t aligned when the top plate was put back on.
I now think I made a rookie mistake. The tranny was fine, after ValleyHybrids confirmed it for me. I then took a closer look and the rear drums were locking up. Strange but you know how it goes when rebuilding from PO hacks. I rebuilt the rear brakes and it’s all good now.
Thanks to all for the tips!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom