4 speed tcase will not shift into 4lo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just rebuilt my 4 speed tcase, and now it does not shift into 4lo. It shifts smooth into neutral and back into 4hi.
I tried putting the trans into neutral and rocking the truck back and fourth. No joy.

Part 2: If I have to pull it out and crack it open again, what am I looking for? Selector shaft/fork/collar backwards, gear backwards, or...? I am pretty sure I fully bench tested it, but not certain.

Thanks!

I was thinking along the same lines...Are you sure you have the clearance on the hump? Perhaps mounted a bit off??

There's a bit of adjustment in the shaft for hi-n-lo. If misadjusted the end of the shifter will hit the tranny before it shifts all the way into low. If the linkage that bolts to the top of the case is bent at all, or not tightened all the way down, that can contribute to the problem. There's a joint in the middle of that linkage that can wear too.

There's a bit of adjustment in the shaft for hi-n-lo. If misadjusted the end of the shifter will hit the tranny before it shifts all the way into low. If the linkage that bolts to the top of the case is bent at all, or not tightened all the way down, that can contribute to the problem. There's a joint in the middle of that linkage that can wear too.

In other words...disconnect the linkage from the actual swing arm on the t-case and see if you can shift it into lo that way.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom