4 spd in 63 FJ45 swb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if when you put in a 4sp in a 66 down if there is a problem with the linkage for the TC when you put the clutch fork on the pass side.

In my 69 I put the fork on the drivers side when I put in the 4spd and it was a PIA.

Without the body on the frame I cannot tell if the passinger side will work.

Thansk Myrle

Myrle, when I put the one in my 65, I had to cut/notch gusset piece under the floor board to get enough throw. can't see it from above. How's the recovery going? Paul

Just leave it on the drivers side then.. The 2f bellhousing can have the pivot ball on either side..

i put mine on the driver side and just streched the hi/lo shift linkage to fit... oh and got some new vac line that was a little longer for the 4w drive

Thanks Guys, I think will put it on the drivers side It will probally be easier than the 69 was without a body on the frame. It just looks a little funky on the Fj40 but works fine.

Paul, Shoulder is doing good, went to the doc yesterday and he was suprised at all the movement I have with it. I think it was all the Fj45 small parts cleaning that has helped.

tornadoalleycruiser said:
Just leave it on the drivers side then.. The 2f bellhousing can have the pivot ball on either side..

Second that. :)

65swb45 said:
Second that. :)

Thirds from here, did the same swap on my 65 FJ45 SWB ........hooked the 4 spd case up to the vacuum shift stuff.
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom