4" Skyjacker lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered the springs and an L24S install kit - hoping to get it and install it this weekend. Just in case I need something else before Sunday when everything's closed, what else do I need?

Thanks...

Where did you order everything from?

What you need? Maybe greasable pins/bolts, extended brake lines?

I got it all from Mudrak.

I didn't use longer Brake Lines. Ron at Rockymountain said I wouldn't need them, but I could check after the install how tight they were. Been wheeling with it for two years and never had a problem.

I second the greasable pins all around. Did you get the Hyrdo Shocks? They are OK, but if you want a better ride, sell them on ebay and get the Bilsteins.

Do you have an air compressor? You might need a grinder, propane torch, etc. to get the old pins out.

After you drive t for 500 miles, retorque the bolts. Drive another 500 miles and do it again. Then use your grinder to cut the extra length off of the bolts.

caster shims. did the install kit come with new ubolts? possibly need to get driveshaft lengthened depending on how you're setup.

I got the Nitro shocks. I don't know what all comes in the kit - I haven't received it yet, but hope to this week. Do greasable pins make a difference? I also already have revolvers for the rear.

The Nitros are a step up from the Hydro's I had. Greasable pins make a difference if you plan on keeping the rig. When you take your old ones off you will see how dry and crappy the old bushings are.

If you havn't got em out yet, start spraying the bushings with lube now. Pblaster or liquidwrench helps to sit on em for a few days. Just be ready to spend a few hours pounding with a large hammer on the pins. Terrible. I used a vise to push mine out, may want to get some kind of press or something.

Here's what they can look like. :eek:
IMG_0005.JPG

Put a 1/16 metal cutting blade in your grinder and cut the pins. It takes a couple of seconds per pin, and the springs will fall right out. Best and quickest way to remove recalcitrant rusted pins. Reinstall new greasable pins and you're all set.

get new brake lines, i put a 2 inch lift on and it was close.

cam cruiser, aren't you gonna say "go soa and be done with it"? jk lol!!

that was pretty funny good way to start my day and oh yeah

go soa and be done!! period

petescoffee said:
Ask Mudrak for what else you need. He will take care of you.

That was my thought too. Gary's a cruiserhead that drives what he sells, so he should have given you a full 411 on your job already. Part of what you're buying when you buy from small but reputable cruiser vendors.;)

65swb45 said:
That was my thought too. Gary's a cruiserhead that drives what he sells, so he should have given you a full 411 on your job already. Part of what you're buying when you buy from small but reputable cruiser vendors.;)

That was my thought exactly. I would rather pay a small shop like Gary's or Marks or others more than 4WP as I they have specific knowledge of the Viehicle .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom