4 runner heater control (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1990 4 runner and the heater control the temperature one just started to basically do nothing i can move it from side to side and nothing happens it has some resistance still but where could i start to look and troublshoot.
Thanx

I just happen to have fixed my wife's 1997 heater control. I admit I've not been in a 2nd gen control, but take a look at the cables. Carefully pull the little knobs off the control switches, carefully pry loose the A/C button and unplug. Then carefully, slowly pry the faceplate off untill it loosens (do not force - did I say 'carefully'?).

Peer around and I'd bet you will find the ends of the cable(s) are broken. These ends in a 3rd gen at least allow push-pull action, and once they are broken you get to pull once, you're done. See what you see.

They seem to be a special order item at my dealer... :(

Thanx
That helps quite a bit but does anybody happen to have pictures cuz the truck isnt near me so i dont want to get out there and realize that I dont really know what I am looking at. Once the dash portion is removed are the cables very opened?
thank you

Again, if it is like the 3rd gen (and knowing Toyota I'd bet it is...):
Once you open it up and work the levers, it's really obvious. The parts fiche at the dealer should be helpful as well, but I'd like to have seen mine before visiting the friendly Toy dealer if it were me.

But it's a bit of a pain to disassemble, reassemble somewhat, drive there, then purchase the part, then go home and do it again, I understand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom