4 questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1)Can someone please provide the part # for what i believe to be the front bearing shaft seal?
2)also i noticed the oil is kind of cream is it normal??
i have provided some pictures for reference of the seal and the oil color.

3) What kind of oil do you guys use for your transmission and transfer case?

and last where do i fill it up from??
thank you so much am trying to learn as i go.

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

i did take it off road a week ago:rofl:, someone had to winch me out, maybe the seal let water in...

I think seals like that are one-way: oil stays in but water can enter from outside.

Sorry bung is left side of center shaft, Seal,Two numbers show up, 90311-48010 and 90311-48023
sorry to bug you, i order the seals with the part number 90311-48023 but it seems the seals are way too big..any idea whether the place i order it from might of committed an error?? thank you all for your time

I don't know what vehicle you have but I often refer to the parts diagrams and lists at JP-CARPARTS.
jp carparts

Your oil looks like that because it is contaminated with water.

You can find all the part numbers and plenty of available 7x series parts at Partsouq.com. You can dial it in with your full model number pretty easily. You don't have to order from them, just get your Mr. T part numbers there and check stateside availability.

Many of the parts for the diffs, knuckles, transmissions and transfer cases are the same across several Cruisers. I assume that is a split case on an H55 transmission?

I walked into a Napa and grabbed a rear output shaft seal for a couple bucks last year.

If you are wheeling your rig and need to change diff, transmission or transfer case fluid regularly due to water contamination, any bottom shelf 80w-90 will due if you are unable to find straight 90w. All that running gear uses the same weight gear oil.

Your oil looks like that because it is contaminated with water.

You can find all the part numbers and plenty of available 7x series parts at Partsouq.com. You can dial it in with your full model number pretty easily. You don't have to order from them, just get your Mr. T part numbers there and check stateside availability.

Many of the parts for the diffs, knuckles, transmissions and transfer cases are the same across several Cruisers. I assume that is a split case on an H55 transmission?

I walked into a Napa and grabbed a rear output shaft seal for a couple bucks last year.

If you are wheeling your rig and need to change diff, transmission or transfer case fluid regularly due to water contamination, any bottom shelf 80w-90 will due if you are unable to find straight 90w. All that running gear uses the same weight gear oil.
Thank you so much!!! How did you find it at NAPA? What part number did you give them? Thank you so much for your wise advice

You need to also get a new stake nut. Reusing the old one may be possible one time only but I do not recommend it. You can safely use all the rest of the hardware but if your output shaft nut was properly torqued when it was first staked, you will likely have to stake it in the same place and that will not work. You can get one from Toyota o from CuriserOutfitters who is a lover of all things Toyota but Kurt owns a BJ70 so he has what you need and is good peeps. I think 90179-22005 is the part number for the nut.

Get 2, they are small.

You need to also get a new stake nut. Reusing the old one may be possible one time only but I do not recommend it. You can safely use all the rest of the hardware but if your output shaft nut was properly torqued when it was first staked, you will likely have to stake it in the same place and that will not work. You can get one from Toyota o from CuriserOutfitters who is a lover of all things Toyota but Kurt owns a BJ70 so he has what you need and is good peeps. I think 90179-22005 is the part number for the nut.

Get 2, they are small.
Thank you!!!! you taught me something new today, i appreciate it! i will give them a call and give them that part number, thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom