4 plus radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

remember, the radiator itself is only half of those totals. If you're running a fan clutch and not running a flex fan you shouldn't be sticking a blade through the radiator short of a collision. The replacement radiator
itself is a Ron David #28193. There are built in Glendale Az. I built the original mounts but for the last four
years they have been built by someone in Cal

I think the radiator is around 300.00, the shroud about 75.00 and the rest in the mount. You have to realize
it's getting hard to find any fab shops that want to build 10 of something a year at a wholesale rate. Man-A-Fre has to outsource products and Land Cruisers just don't bring in enough sales to attract many
production builders. The setup on any production parts may not be worth the time if the numbers are to low
to warrant that time. A 75.00 part reflects a 45.00 wholesale. A typical bare survival shop rate in the USA is about 75.00 an hour in AZ or NM but I'd guess closer to 100.00 in Cal. A shop would have to assure that
the part could be finished in a half hour or less. Most people can't check their email that time

Jack,

I used this kit on Greg's truck, and purchased the mount from MAF on my current project FJ45. I contacted Ron Davis to build me a LS series radiator to go with the Turnkey 5.3L. I'm pleased with the construction and isolation on both trucks. Yes, I could have built it cheaper, but would have consumed lots of time searching for the rubber parts and fabbing the brackets.

Cheers,

Jim

i quess i should have asked what engine its being used on...i hate always starting with questions to answer questions.

didnt mean to imply that it was overpriced...i thought it was for a stock rig...that type of mod is not that necessary when a stockish radiator at 1/2 the price will do for a stock cruiser

i knotice that you are running a 350...then something like this does have its place :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom