4" lift questions (1 Viewer)

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star

Shocks and brakelines, may be swaybar links. Would be nice if Man-a-fre sold a kit without shackle reversal.

^ Man-a-fre no longer offers the kit without a shackle reversal. S0 hey told me on the phone last i checked when i was deciding on a lift.

I just installed this kit w\ the shackle reversal. I like the kit and the added height. But.... after I intalled it I ran into a few issues. I ended up with a 30-40 MPH rumble\vibration. After installing new u-joints and having both driveshafts balanced, problem remained. I ended up having a local place make me a custom rear driveshaft with a CV installed. I need to do the same thing to the front but it's still ok for slow speed crawling. The driveshafts will still fit after the install but, they are a bit short if you keep them stock. Other than that, grab a friend, grinder, ratchet straps, and you will probably need to install shims. I am running 4 degrees in front and 6 degrees in the rear. It's important to know, I am running a thick shim in the rear because with the CV installed, you want to have the pumpkin pointing at the transfer case. I have heard some people running this lift without a CV and no vibration, so you never know.

I installed this with the medium springs in the front and the one stage heavier in the rear for towing. And it ended up sitting massivly high in the rear so i had to pull the stacks apart and make some adjustments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom