4 inch OME vendors on the east coast or should I go Pro Comp or Skycrapper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you mess with the spring packs? I've done it countless times on mini truck springs when you do RUF (rears up front). I would spend hours upon hours reading up on what combination to use. I would end up buying three different used springs from 3 different years 1st and 2nd gen trucks swapping leafs in and out to finally come up with a setup I liked for both on and off road. Trying to avoid it on this build.
I added a leaf in the back due to some extra weight, also installed longer shackles on the rear.

I am going to pull the trigger on a 4" lift for my 1972 FJ40 and I am leaning (pun intended) towards OME, but I don't know of any vendors around the Philly area or even the east coast for that matter to cut down on the shipping costs. I know I can get the ProComp or Skycrapper brand shipped pretty cheap, but I've had both on mini trucks in the past and wasn't impressed at all. Anyone know of a place I can order it from in the Northeast part of the country? I checked Amazon but couldn't find it for my rig.
in ran 34 x 9.5 tsls with a rancho 2. lift no problem rubbing ever. lift sucks .too stiff . looked great.moved to 17 inch rim for more tire choices, fj stock steelies. about 75 each from scrap yard..

Which shackles did you use?
Good question man, I'm not really sure. I picked them up out of the classifieds.

I'd like to get something a little more stout, maybe one of those fancy inversion shackles, or a solid dogbone.
20210423_170257.jpg

I have had the skyjacker 4” springs since 2004 and I wheeled hard for years on 37’s and 38’s.

I would buy them again but just start with the Bilstein shocks that I have now

Well, I just bucked up and got the 2" OME kit. It was $1557 with free shipping. I will cut the rear 1/4's and graft them up higher since I hate fender flares. The kit has everything except the steering stabilizer. I started soaking my suspension a few weeks ago but i.think it was a futile venture. I'll keep you posted on my.progress.

Have you known anyone that used the Jack-it 4" kit. Its about $1300 with free shipping. Its basically just a combination of Procomp and Skyjacker with extended brake lines thrown in to sweeten the deal.

Can you please put me in contact with the supplier of these kits ? Contact details etc ?
TIA

Where did you purchase the shackles from?
I reused the OME shackles I had, the ones pictured are the ones intended for the front springs. IIRC they are pretty close to 3" pin to pin, I think any quality shackle would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom