4 inch lift > Shackles now or after springs and shocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I'm about to start a 4 inch lift on the '77 FJ40. Going with Skyjacker/5100 Bilsteins. The rig currently has stock 2 3/4" pin to pin shackles, front and rear. As received, the crusier is definitely lower at the front end; rear is higher... I would say about 2 inches.
Does it make sense to finish the installation of the new leaf springs and shocks; attach to these stock shackles and them stand back and measure the trim (levelness) of the rig? then purchase appropreiate length shackles to bring the trim level or just go for the extended shackles now?
Thanks is advance for any help, and sorry if this is a way newbie question... :)

Rear skyjacker springs need 3 3/4" to 4" pin to pin minimum to work correctly , with the stock shackle ,the spring eye hit the hanger in compression and invert shackle on extention
100% truth.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I’ve been looking at the Skyjacker 4” springs. Currently have CCOT shackles I plan to use

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I’ve been looking at the Skyjacker 4” springs. Currently have CCOT shackles I plan to use
On 33" rubber.
20221219_090919.jpg

Yep. Love the stance of yours rkymtn.

FWIW I am running stock length shackles in the front, and extended shackles in the rear, with absolutely no issues. I did put an add a leaf in the rear leaf pack.

@ Rkymtn, could you plez share the pin to pin dims of the shackles fore and aft on your rig. The front appears shorter than the rear. Thanks!
Front is 2 3/4"
Rear is 2" longer at 4 3/4"

20221231_114026.jpg

20221231_114048.jpg

4" Skyjackers, 33x10.50's. The frt shackles are a little shorter than the rears. The suspension is relatively new.
20220424_192424.jpg
20220424_195331.jpg

Last edited:
The Skyjacker site is out of the rears. Let us know if you find them.

The whole pack I thought. Summit May have them though.

The whole pack I thought. Summit May have them though.
Summit is where I bought the add a leaf from, even after talking with customer support at Skyjacker who told me they don't make one for an FJ40 4" lift.

Summit is where I bought the add a leaf from, even after talking with customer support at Skyjacker who told me they don't make one for an FJ40 4" lift.
What did you add the leaf for? Rear bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom