4 door Fj45 on 80 series chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We also axed that door i found and had to graft the upper window frame from the old oneto it. Why ? Well it was rusty and since that part of the previous door was in better shape, we put it on the "new door"

20230524_111332.jpg

20230524_111336.jpg

20230524_123324.jpg

Curious if the NWF box will pump/move fluid just by the gears turning, I bet if you plumb it right it will move fluid, might not be enough to cool it. What fluid does it call for ?
I also installed that old Harley Davidson oil bag on the right side of the firewall yesterday. I am told that i should use sythetic gear oil. I am not sure what grade yet. I ordered a pump, inline filter and a cooler for it. I hope those keep it happy and that i get no oil drips anywhere. My wife would kill me . I'm hoping to be doing that part next week. Sheetmetal and rust took long enough.

You need a TV show. This looks amazing! I bet that you are glad that you rolled another frame under there. When do you plan to paint this and what color are you going with?
As soon as we're done with rust repair and fabrication, we're separating the cab and bed from the frame and paimt it . We're installing the suspension, wheels and tires , and painting the firewall. Not sure yet what color it will be, though i've been thinking about that for quite some time .

My wife has an 80 series with a 1Hdt. We used as a chase truck when i raced my quads . That thing marked me deeply..... the way it handled those trails and the reliability were unbelievable. I already had my 40 at the time but it only had a 2f in it. There was no way to even consider taking the 40 to trips like that. My kids were small at the time and they'd all be in the truck with her and my mechanic. So it had space and was super comfortable. We installed bullbars and an Old man Emu suspension on it and i was very happy with it.
I always liked the 40 series and wondered what it would be like to have a 40- 45 on that chassis.
I recently finished a 2year build of a 1Hz swapped 40. I love it but truth be told, that suspension is a bit too bouncy . Makes me feel that it would be unsafe at any speed to add anymore power to it.
This thing here will be both more powerful, safer, faster and best of all built by me , as something no one here has ever seen. I've been dreaming of supercharging this thing .... i need to stop adding expenses to this project if i want to see it finished🤣. ... but it is a great idea to say the least..... maybe i need an LSA.... now that's a thought😉👍

I wanted an LSA, too, but I couldn’t find one so I went with the L94. I also dreamed about supercharging my engine. At the time I had the rear frame cut in 2 pieces and the suspension mocked in place. I decided to get it on the road first, then I can think about future mods. I had to draw the line somewhere! 😂

I wanted an LSA, too, but I couldn’t find one so I went with the L94. I also dreamed about supercharging my engine. At the time I had the rear frame cut in 2 pieces and the suspension mocked in place. I decided to get it on the road first, then I can think about future mods. I had to draw the line somewhere! 😂
My enginevonly has 100 miles on it. I guess that's not a bad thing. So there would be no need to purchase an Lsa . I'm doing some research on installing just the supercharger on my 6.0 Liter.
I'm calling Boost district in a few and just might order one of those lsa superchargers. If you guys don't see anything from me after this, it's probably because i ended up 6ft under in the backyard🤣🤣. I pray that the wife does not find out🤣🤣

A well known fact among wheelers is that the Nissan Patrol's steering box is bigger, stronger hence better than the Toyota unit. I happen to have one or 2 of those laying around , so i decided to put one on the truck. I might still have to get it rebuilt since it probably leaks but i prefer doing this now . It's a great upgrade and it involves drilling two holes and a bit of cutting into the coil spring pocket.
Tires and wheel size is 37x 12.5 x 18. I prefer using beefier parts especially with the added power . The suspension being so much more comfortable thanthe 40 serie's , i'm likelier to drive it faster than i probably should. Again , i prefer going stronger now.

20230530_152944.jpg

20230530_153208.jpg

20230530_152803.jpg

20230530_152831.jpg

Today, we worked on the rear bumper. 3/16 sheetmetal pot the nod for this one. Mounting plates are made from 1/4" steel plate. Will mount directly onto the frame rails. I'll do a trep by step series on that. Here is what we've done so far

20230531_132025.jpg

20230531_133944.jpg

20230531_134134.jpg

I considered going the bucket seat route on this one for the interior . That's what i did in my 40. They are nice , but this time , i want to do something else. I have a set of BMW X5 seatsat the shop. The leather on them is beat to s*** but i have a good upholsterer. They are dark beige. I decided to paint this truck brown, so a beige interior should look good in it. Since we have electric seats, i also want power windows , power door locks and a electronic screen to monitor the 6 liter's vitals . I hope someone carries a kit for power windows. I looked at Dakota digital 's 40 series gauge clusters. I like them but i am hearing that they have a 6 month wait on these..... hell no.
Not waiting that long for anything anymore. I wNt to get done with this.
Any advice on power window kits, gauges , interior and paint will be greatly appreciated. We are not quite there yet but knowing what to get when thevtime comes won't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom