4 door bj74... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Strange they would have put sliders in the rear windows instead of letting them lower partially ... guess you can see the effects in the rust. Cool little truck for sure -

Tucker

Looks like a 'pimp special to me ;)

"Paging Mr. Tom Bentzen, paging Mr. Tom Bentzen, your vehicle is ready"

Did anybody miss the seller's statement that it is "legally certified for US Customs to be imported hassle free by the winning bidder into the United States if desired"?

This is the same guy selling the other BJ74 and the HJ61 making the same statements about his JDM's being US legal. Somebody ought to contact his BJ74 buyer to see if the vehicle was indeed brought into the US.

Dave

beanz2 said:
Did anybody miss the seller's statement that it is "legally certified for US Customs to be imported hassle free by the winning bidder into the United States if desired"?

This is the same guy selling the other BJ74 and the HJ61 making the same statements about his JDM's being US legal. Somebody ought to contact his BJ74 buyer to see if the vehicle was indeed brought into the US.

Dave

Even though I am a Canadian I already see a problem with the speedometer. I don't think you can get the vehicle into the U.S. with a speedo that reads in kilometers only. Shouldn't it also be in mph?

Ill be the devils advocate on this one and call bull@&@&@&@&.

The rear door window looks like the aussie dual cab sliding window.
It looks good,but not good enough for Toyota.
These doors and windows were also used on Japanese fire engines made from cut down troopys.
robs pics 084 (Small).jpg

07_0.JPG

Rosco,
you are just plain eveil with that pic...
i am frooling over that 4 door trayback...
:^)

crushers said:
Rosco,
you are just plain eveil with that pic...
i am frooling over that 4 door trayback...
:^)
Yeah I just scored a big box of cheap whiskey off some bikers and I feel evil:D

The dual cab x2 was on sale at a consignment yard 12 months ago fo $14k but I was suspicious but now its in this yard and the owner has adopted it as his DD:mad:

Cool :)

but I am with Rosco......I don't see it being a real Toyota prototype, if it was wouldn't they have had to test it(crash or otherswise) to get it road legal to sell on the market, If it was a conversion after the fact......it would be no problem....I would think.

it also just don't look Toyota built

Landpimp said:
Cool :)

but I am with Rosco......I don't see it being a real Toyota prototype, if it was wouldn't they have had to test it(crash or otherswise) to get it road legal to sell on the market, If it was a conversion after the fact......it would be no problem....I would think.

it also just don't look Toyota built

It looks like a homemade 76/77 series to me:D

Another thing,the 73/74 series all had the fold down windscreen in that year,this one is fixed.
Surey Toyota'S designers would have found it easier to start with a 74 than stretch a BJ71.
I think its stretched BJ71 ,backyard style.
I wonder what the frame number is?

I know of other landcruiser prototypes that have ended up on the market,but they are a lot nicer than this.

Still if the price is right,why not?:idea:

Last edited:
would someone running the vin on carfax say anything, or does it tell the gurus anything?

this is what he's got listed for the vin??? 2BG50829540002309

I think that the 4 door BJ74 belongs (belonged?) to Mustang Connection - Barry mentioned that he had it there. Background looks like his area...

For what it is worth, I heard about this several weeks ago. Cole the guy that sold the BJ74 on ebay, said he also had this "proto-type BJ74 4 door" He wants I think about 27k for it. At the time I told him I was not interested but I knew a few collectors that would be interested. I asked him to send me info and pictures and I would help him sell it. I wait, and waited some more, then after not hearing back, decided not to buy the 74 and figured the BJ74 4 door was BS since he would not send me info on it.

They few prototype Toyotas I have seen turned into production and they were very very well designed, now they may have been 3rd or 4th prototypes and maybe hat is why they were so well done.

The pictures of this one really do not seem like the quality I would expect or have seen from Toyota, if for it being a prototype. I would also suspect that as a prototype there would be no original vin tags at all on it.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,

Michael

One more thing to mention. If this can be varified that it is a toyota prototype and only one was made (less that 500 I believe) it would qualilfy for one of the loop holes that Bill Gates and other rich car enthusiest got legislature passed several year ago on. It would fall under the unique car loop hole and probably be allow here. That is if the legal for US importation did not work out.

Michael

Ige, that is the 17 # VIN that it got when it was imported to BC, it came in with a 13# VIN.........BC gives em a 17# VIN......which apears to make them easier to get into the US.

nuclearlemon said:
would someone running the vin on carfax say anything, or does it tell the gurus anything?

this is what he's got listed for the vin??? 2BG50829540002309

i am calling bull@&@&@&@&

this is my call on this unit.
the frame is a BJ74 frame.
the front clip might just well be.
from the firewall back i am saying it is a stretched BJ70 with home built rear doors.
show me another set of rear doors on a Toyota that has the front lip curved back like these ones are.
why would toyota use sliders when the 77/78 series rear doors were already in production?
this is a homebuilt, probably in Japan by a cool fabricator but there is no way it is built by Toyota this way...
just my unadulterated tactful opinion.
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom