4 Bolts in the center of the rear bumper.....what to do with them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just putting some finishing touches on the truck, which I'm sure I'll be doing forever. Got those 4 bolts there, I don't have any fab/weld capabilities so does anyone make anything that bolts up in there? Functionality would be great but also to just not have 4 random holes in the center of the NWTi bumper.....

I was thinking a hi-lift jack point/adapter would be real nice in case I need to change a tire, is that even feasible?

68246039166__24A5F7D7-07BE-43AE-990D-E76882E62E56.jpg

Toyota makes a towing hook that bolts to the bumper using those holes.

Edit: Douglas S beat me to it

Last edited:
Thanks guys....

A hi lift jack adapter would be more useful, I wonder if anyone has rigged it up as anything else....

Last edited:
You can find a pintle pretty easily. Princess Auto up here carries them so I imagine the Harbor Freight and Tractor Supply's of the world also would.

Two of the holes are just that - holes. Two are threaded to M12x1.25 so you will need the corresponding hardware.

Cup Holder Mount

My 93 truck came with the hitch. I don’t think it’s very strong and I haven’t used it. I’ll post a pick.
Bought an OEM Toyota pintle hitch many moons ago from a guy in Sudbury, ON Canada who was importing the 70 Series pickups for the mines there. They would strip off the stuff they didn’t need (incl some complete vehicles that they somehow managed to get licences). I’m sure the pintle hook works just fine if you ever needed to use it.

Just putting some finishing touches on the truck, which I'm sure I'll be doing forever. Got those 4 bolts there, I don't have any fab/weld capabilities so does anyone make anything that bolts up in there? Functionality would be great but also to just not have 4 random holes in the center of the NWTi bumper.....

I was thinking a hi-lift jack point/adapter would be real nice in case I need to change a tire, is that even feasible?

View attachment 3089507
This is what mine looks like. (I was selling my car so I took this pic).

Attachments

• D96DE825-4D5B-4BFB-9F96-A980785F1710.jpeg
    D96DE825-4D5B-4BFB-9F96-A980785F1710.jpeg
    1,011 KB · Views: 31
Guess it could also be used in conjunction with a tow package to tow and also use for mounting your bikes possibly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom