4/77 40 - Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

corcel

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey all, is this my voltage regulator? The wires all line up, but it doesn't seem to look like the photos of other regulators I've seen online. I have a CA edition 4/77 fj40. Also, does anyone know what the spare red wire coming off of it is?

Another question: what kind of hose should I use to connect the smog pump to the air injection rail and ABV? Is it just regular heater hose?

Thank you!

IMG_20211212_124727739_HDR.jpg

That is a solid state voltage regulator. A now hard to find upgrade according to some.
The stock is still available.
I'm not sure if you need a hose that can handle fuel vapors or not for the Air Rail. I have never had a Cruiser with a functioning smog pum/ air rail set up. Fortunately we don't need that here for inspections....yet..

Hi mrboat, thank you for the recommendation! Do you know what that extra red wire is floating off of it?

Hi mrboat, thank you for the recommendation! Do you know what that extra red wire is floating off of it?
Toyotamatt might have a better idea but I reckon it could be for a radio noise suppressor.
[the extra wire that is]
I don't maybe @ToyotaMatt might know

you need a 27700-60100 toyota voltage regulator set up

thats a aftermarket one and they are prone to early life terminal falure made in china qyuality type crap

- you extra red wire w/ female bullet connector clear sheath on it is for these and this they have a few purposes one is noise the others involve filtering some in the ignition system too and help keep it healthy too

one needs to off you fender mounted igniter too .............they work in tandem together for best possible results

- DO NOT USE HEATER Hose with your air pump the end result will be a Engine Bay fire and or total hot oozing epdm rubber all over the place , the TAR PIT Monster will be there TOO !

- MAI or manifold air Injection system rubber hose is oil resistent and heat resitent too

- Place a MUD classifieds parts AD for the smog hose folks have hords of it waiting for wanted ads , best way to obtain it

- NO the 27700-60100 stock toyota voltage regulator 3 wire green plug varity is Disc/ NLA , i have only 1 NOS unit remaining ,

- however i am 3 steps away from having my line of JAPAN reproduction one availbe by weeks end

green plug and all , what a hard thing to bring to the table indeed ?

- i am not all aware or familiar to be clear about @mrboatman ';s suggestion above , he usually knows his Stuff also to be klear and is a SOLID MUD buddy of mine and trusted adviser too , :beer::beer::beer:

- but i do not fool around with aftermarket amazon parts like this , so i simply do not know this particular answer thats all :confused:

- LASTLY , why is the silver Metal tube in for ground of your photo not attached to anything ?
it hoes to your charcoal canister right ported vacuum from manifold or am incorrect @Mrboarman ?

- tell us what you think sir .........:D

- below is a LINK , please explore it .. :

- also technical diagrams below make it eazy peezy to understand too ....:)

1639377954272.png

1639377975153.png

1639377993621.png

1639378024210.png

Wow, thank you @ToyotaMatt - this is very helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to share your wealth of knowledge! I'll check out the parts you've linked and definitely avoid the heater hose.

The hose to the charcoal cannister is disconnected because I am replacing all hoses and tubes right now, just haven't had a chance to reconnect it. I ended up having to replace the smog pump, water pump, thermostat housing, and alternator - so the hoses/vacuum tubing was in the way.

Wow, thank you @ToyotaMatt - this is very helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to share your wealth of knowledge! I'll check out the parts you've linked and definitely avoid the heater hose.

The hose to the charcoal cannister is disconnected because I am replacing all hoses and tubes right now, just haven't had a chance to reconnect it. I ended up having to replace the smog pump, water pump, thermostat housing, and alternator - so the hoses/vacuum tubing was in the way.

how dare me ...

i forgot too address your secondary topic

here are ALL the 4/77 MICROFICHE Diagrams regrading your ABV , ABV Hose type and AIR Pump to ABV propper larger size spec. major hoses involved

make darn sure u save these images and diagrams to your hard drive as they pertain specifically to a 4/77 USA Spec. FJ40LV-KCJA

Federal Emissions standards .fyi

1640159102930.png

1640159167907.png

1640159221106.png
1640159192379.png

1640159272751.png

@ToyotaMatt All of your responses are always so insanely detailed. Love your knowledge and your products!

thanks for the thanks , im humbled and grateful ......:)

i am only beginning to understand better each day i have realized ,

That its nothing less then a Privilege to serve others in the way i try hard to do , and indeed approach in a artistic and creative mindset , that is both helpful and

meaningful to me personally and my wife and SKUNK WORKS LAB Partner Erin too ........

my latest efforts below as of last night , are indeed a game changer for the better , i have concluded , for the entire 55 series community , well ............ they should be as least i hope :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom