4.7 TRD SC swap from 02 Tundra to 99 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 Tundra Limited TRD with a supercharger, and a 1999 Landcruiser with a stock 4.7. My LC is built with full armor, 35's, drawer system, and the works. I was considering swapping the SC over to the LC since the Tundra seems to have more than enough power for what I use it for, where the LC falls way, way short climbing mountain passes. I'm also probably selling the Tundra, so I'd like to pull the SC for my own use before I do so. The starter is getting finicky on the Tundra as well, so it'd be a good time to do the swap!

If I have them both sitting next to each other in my driveway, both running fine, would this be a straight forward swap from one vehicle to the other? Could swap the SC to the LC, and the stock intake manifold, plugs, and accessories, ECU, to the Tundra.

Anything I'm missing, or that I should know before attempting this? I've done plenty of motor work, and have replaced the starter on the LC recently, so very acquainted with the top end of these motors. Just unaware if the SC ECU would swap, and any other little details I may be missing.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

Hey guys,
Starter went out on the tundra this week, so it seems like a sign to move forward with the swap.
Anyone have any insight on whether this will be a pretty straightforward swap, or if there is anything I should pay particular attention to?
I'm assuming I can swap intake manifold/ supercharger , plugs, thermostat, and swap the TRD piggyback over, plug stock ECU back in, and make sure all plugs / vacuum hoses are correctly routed.

Anything I'm missing that would cause me issues and result in two cars being down?

I’d think that if the wiring swap is plug and play you’d be golden.
I'm thinking so. It sounds like I'll need different idler pulleys and belts, just trying to get all the parts I need together before the swap.I'm assuming the TRD idler pulley on the Tundra would swap, and I just need a 2630-2635mm 6 rib belt for the tundra, and then a stock tundra belt to put them back together.
Anyone know where to source the belt for the SC'd landcruiser?!

Last edited:
I'm thinking so. It sounds like I'll need different idler pulleys and belts, just trying to get all the parts I need together before the swap.I'm assuming the TRD idler pulley on the Tundra would swap, and I just need a 2630-2635mm 6 rib belt for the tundra, and then a stock tundra belt to put them back together.
Anyone know where to source the belt for the SC'd landcruiser?!
Hope this can save you and anyone else quite a few hours of work. :)

for the s/c 4.7 I ended up ordering few different belts from parts store and putting on the one that was best fit. these were the part number ranges I worked with:

pulleys I used were 89003 and 89007

for my setup configuration :
Belts
K061031 does not fit 103 11/16
****K061033 103 7/8 FITS ****
K061037 104 5/16
K061045 105inch DOES NOT FIT

Last edited:
Jealous that you have a full SC kit for your 100 series, keep us posted.

the mechanical bits are going to be easy to swap over. the ECU is where youre going to run into issues. you can't just swap ECUs. I would find a tuner that can tune your 100 series ECU before you start

the mechanical bits are going to be easy to swap over. the ECU is where youre going to run into issues. you can't just swap ECUs. I would find a tuner that can tune your 100 series ECU before you start
Thanks for the heads up, I compared the ECU's and the plugs definitely look different. I plan on ordering the Unichip with a few maps, as well as the low octane tune for normal use. I decided it'd be safer to run to pick n pull to snag a tundra manifold and small bits, so I can pull that one off, get the SC and all parts in order for the LC, and then install that next, instead of side by side. Better to have one truck down than both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom