4.7 sequoia v8 in a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alberta mac

addicted but not cured
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I see there is a build out there where someone did drop a 4.7v8 into a 40. My question is could we hook up a 5 speed h55f and to it?
comments ?
I'm considering the option here as long as I can install a 5speed and keep it 4wd.
Can I bypass the engine computer when dropping it into the 40 ?

I see there is a build out there where someone did drop a 4.7v8 into a 40. My question is could we hook up a 5 speed h55f and to it?
comments ?
I'm considering the option here as long as I can install a 5speed and keep it 4wd.
Can I bypass the engine computer when dropping it into the 40 ?
Fjco makes a adapter to a h55f. There is a company in the vendor section that sells wiring harness kits for the 4.7. You could make it carbureted but would need ignition control for the coils. I probably would just use the toyota efi

It could be done. There is a company in Australia, Delow I think, that sells a bell housing and parts to mount the 2uz to an h55f but getting them to deliver was difficult when I talked to them in the past. Having a contact in AU would probably help.

There are factory ecus that run the 2uz non-VVTI if you can track one down in another market. LexusV8 in the vendor section can build you a harness as well.

There is or was a complete 2uz/h151f/100 tcase with stand alone harness ecu for sale in the classifieds.

FWIW, I’d swap in an engine, trans, and transfer case as one assembly (if possible). Then build custom driveshafts to make it work. Swap to a centred diff if needed for the rear axle. Spending a small fortune on adapters and then having to somehow get the ECU to work with a different transmission doesn’t seem as worthwhile.

In the end you’d have a 40 series that performs like a modern vehicle. I did a SBC swap years ago, and often think if I were to do it over I’d swap the rear axle and run a NV4500 with a compatible transfer case. Or… as much as I hate automatics, an automatic… since my “good” right knee is getting to be worse than my “bad” left knee after waiting 20 years for knee surgery (with at least 10 more years still to wait).

Bikersmurf I was thinking of upgrading to tundra front and rear diffs. Now you got me thinking about this computer ECU thing ! Yes hate the idea of driving an automatic landcruiser ! Perhaps the ECU can be bypassed from the transmission or ? Now this has me wondering if the Tundra diff is entered or offset like the Landcruiser?

Manual swap in Tundra.

It looks like Sequoias came with a manual transmission as an option.

Bikersmurf I was thinking of upgrading to tundra front and rear diffs. Now you got me thinking about this computer ECU thing ! Yes hate the idea of driving an automatic landcruiser ! Perhaps the ECU can be bypassed from the transmission or ? Now this has me wondering if the Tundra diff is entered or offset like the Landcruiser?
Look up the vendor called Lextreme in the vendor section. He can Modify a stock 2uz ecu to work with a manual transmission.

this is interesting as i have a 4.6 (1ur) in my tundra that keeps telling me it wants to go into the 70 eventually

this is interesting as i have a 4.6 (1ur) in my tundra that keeps telling me it wants to go into the 70 eventually

yes my cruisers talk to me too !
Do it! Not my photo, but a 2uz will fit!

My build threads are in my signature below.

22594E6A-C41E-4A4D-9659-2D460AE0B22C.jpeg

It looks like Google has mislead me:

TOYOTA Sequoia models by year (2000-Present) ...

AutoEvolution
https://www.autoevolution.com › Cars › TOYOTA

Jul 25, 2022 — Complete timeline of TOYOTA Sequoia models and generations, ... engine was mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual.

When I followed the link... TOYOTA Sequoia models by year (2000-Present) with specs, pictures & history - autoevolution - https://www.autoevolution.com/toyota/sequoia/

It's Toyota TRD Pro that had a engine was mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual.

My error... the problem with google searches as a source of information.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom