4.7 Bullet Supercharger on LC100 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last edited:
Looks awesome. Much want. It says you need to have a "tunable chip" to make it run right. You can search my posts for "MAP ECU" it is a piggyback ECU that allows this type of tuning.

You might be able to get by with just an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and/or fuel injector upgrade to get the fuel right under partial throttle. From what I've experienced and read the 2UZ computer can compensate a lot under WOT but it's partial throttle where it sticks tighter to the stock fuel map. Increasing fuel pressure or injector size is a good way to trick the ECU into spraying more fuel when you need it and long term trims bring WOT under control. Also the 2UZ has lots of control over the ignition timing and gets it to the optimum setting for whatever you're doing. I've seen over 20 degree swing from hot and heavy running 85-octane fuel to cold and light running E85 fuel. The knock control is very good so I think you just need to worry about fuel.

Or something

Does installation of this kit require opening the engine? Thinking about adding this type of kit (and changing the starter) in case if I need to rebuild the engine in the future.
Also could this type of kit result MPG penalty or smog check issue?
Thanks!

So 7600 + shipping + sourcing your own tune? Is that where you are at?

1633250953298.png

Another option for an Australian supercharger for the 2UZ is Elate. Compatible with VVTI and non-VVTI. Intercooled and non-intercooled options. They also sell a W2A heat exchanger kit with all the hardware and tubing and electric pump and it undercuts the Bullet by about $2k USD. Uses the same Harrop blower as the Bullet but has a front facing intake.

Theirs requires hood modification if you run an intercooler. Leaning towards Bullet. Just hoping to find someone with firsthand experience on the tune

Going to resurrect this thread because I'm curious if anyone has supercharged their 2UZ recently using anything other than a TRD kit
Damn you! Now I am going to be all hot and bothered, this is has been an on-going issue for me.

Part way through my Elate install. I guess they forgot to include some parts so I'm waiting but so far I'm seriously impressed with the hardware.

I don't believe the new version requires hood modification anymore. They redesigned it so the throttle body fits on the front and it uses the stock intake tube and air box now.

You do have to modify the water neck slightly, however.

I went for the full setup with intercooler.

PXL_20220623_182034762.jpg

PXL_20220626_162552510.MP.jpg

PXL_20220626_190917514.jpg

PXL_20220626_225226496.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-110330.png

subd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom