4.3 fuel inj on 2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.pipsquack4wheelers.com
i searched and could not find info on this topic. need help anyone can give me on what i need to do to put a 4.3 throttle body on a 2f. lame has all the 4.3 parts if anyone has done this or any info would be greatly appreiciated. and to make this thread more exciting here is a pic of my wrenching buddy yeah right.

Last edited:
dacicci said:
that is wierd i thoght fuel inj would beat carbarated anyday things like this make me think

by early i mean like 9-10 years ago, so it was one of the first couple of dozen. U&O did it, ran fine for a couple years actually, but never perfect.
finally it got to the point were it was totally undriveble. the cost of trying to fix it was more than the cost of the weber, and there was no guarantee that, that money would have fixed problem. i knew the weber would work.

i think the 'puter got wet, the fix would have been another ecu-thingy-something-or-other.

brian said:
i think the 'puter got wet, the fix would have been another ecu-thingy-something-or-other.

That doesn't sound like you've given the fuel injection a fair chance to prove itself as superior to a carb. :confused:

Where was the ecu located (engine compartement? glovebox?)?

brian said:

Proof the south does not have the market cornered on slow rednecks.........:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

smcruisin said:
That doesn't sound like you've given the fuel injection a fair chance to prove itself as superior to a carb. :confused:

Where was the ecu located (engine compartement? glovebox?)?

it was in the glovebox.
the PO(also a friend of mine) was the one that had it done.(i have been in touch with this truck for some time) it never ran that well, ran well enough for trail work. but i was more interested in actually driving it on the road as well.

it would run REAL lean on the top end, too the tune of turning the entire header(from mounting flange to collector flange) a nice shade of cherry red.
to me it was not worth trying to fix it, compared to fixing it.
i would have to assume that by now the tech would have all the bugs figured out, but at that point in time it was not bug free.

transplanted?
nope, been living with in the same twenty miles, in the same county for the last 31 years.
can't imagine having to live in the south, nor living in a big city:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Texican said:
Proof the south does not have the market cornered on slow rednecks.........:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

i called "them" up, the answer i was given was "well we can try putting another ecu in it." umm ok, how much? i don't recall the exact number, but it was above a complete weber "kit", at the time. it's been 6 years now.
prior to the fi, this motor had a weber, and ran great.

Having used and owned a couple Up & Over EFI kits I can tell you that it's not the EFI but the program on the chip that is the root cause of the problems. U&O does not have a good program on their chips. I plan on getting a different chip for the kit I have on the work bench when I finally get it installed. U&O's program worked fine on the trail but sucked on the street. I also saw the same issue that it seemed ok at first and just went downhill from there.:confused:

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom