4.11's with 35's H42 and an early 60 soa question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks guys,

got the wheels from 4wheelparts, not sure if they are any in venezuela, but they do have a website, they ran about $99.00 each.

Wheel/flex the hell outta it and it'll come down a bit.

Sweet truck :cheers:

-Carl

If you want it to come down, which I recommend as it will most likely cure your wobble, I would pull the add-a-leaves and then re-install the springs. The springs will flatten out better and faster. You can accelerate the breaking down of the springs by jumping up and down on the front/rear bumpers with a friend, preferably a heavy set friend. Once they flatten out completely, put the add-a-leaves back in to stiffen the suspension a little. Or just leave them out if you like it the way it is.

Your springs may not settle much or at all since you have the add-a-leaves in there.

Or.....just go to 37's. You have the room and you know you want to. :D

In Post #38, pic #7, What is the hose coming down next to the traction bar? Yours is a 60 so it’s not a LSPV….
In pic #9, the spring bushings on the passenger side don’t look new. Is that just some weird green moly grease coming?

Can you explain why you went with the modified upper rear shock crossmember? Why not use the existing mounts or move the mounts out but on the same bar? Is the performance gain worth the extra effort in fabbing a trussed bar to run off the existing shock crossmember?

In Post #38, pic #7, What is the hose coming down next to the traction bar? Yours is a 60 so it’s not a LSPV….
In pic #9, the spring bushings on the passenger side don’t look new. Is that just some weird green moly grease coming?

Can you explain why you went with the modified upper rear shock crossmember? Why not use the existing mounts or move the mounts out but on the same bar? Is the performance gain worth the extra effort in fabbing a trussed bar to run off the existing shock crossmember?

Pic # 37 is the breather extension from the axle, and pic # 9 is just grease from the spring bushings, all new bushings.

the high shock cross member lets you use longer shocks. I haven't really stretched it's legs out yet as I'm waiting on my drive shafts so cant really speak of the difference in travel, but the longer shocks should allow for more travel, and I've read having the shocks as vertical as possible is ideal.

I like that rear shock crossmember. Do you know what your caster turned out to be assuming CnT was done?

I like that rear shock crossmember. Do you know what your caster turned out to be assuming CnT was done?

thanks Octavio did a nice job on it, caster came out to I believe around 4-5 degrees. no weird wandering, but a slight pull to the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom